1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital output and two soundcards problem

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Mythos, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Mythos

Mythos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings

My computer has both a SB Live! card (with that digital coax out) and a Hercules GSF III 7.1 card (with optical digital out). SB is the 'default card', because I use it for games & playing CDs. GSF is ment to be the dvd playing soundcard because imo it has much better digital connection than the SB card (no hissing, no buzzing, just clean sound).

Now, the problem is that the only player software (known to me) that is capable of selecting (in addition between analog/digital output) between several soundcards is Sonic Cineplayer 1.51. Both WinDVD and PowerDVD seem to only use the default device (SB). However, I would like them to use the other card. Is there any way of doing this (e.g. set some registry key)? The reason I don't just stick with Cineplayer is that I would like to try out Cineplayer video and WinDVD audio combined under Zoomplayer.

Yours,

Mythos

2. mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may be wrong, but I would have thought you could select the preferred sound card from within Zoom Player.

AFAIK ZP just uses the relevant decoders from the selected DVD players for video and audio.

3. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, that's right.

There is a section for audio, including a tab for selecting which card is used.

Good luck! :clap:

4. Mythos

Mythos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks never thought I could change it under ZP :p