1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Out to Yamaha Discrete Phonos?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Eurostar, Sep 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Eurostar

Eurostar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old Yamaha DSP-A592 AV Amp with discrete (6ch phono inputs) for the Dolby Digital. No Coaxial or Optical Digital Inputs. Works fine with my Sony DVD Player DVP-NS705V, that have the seperate discrete 6ch phono outputs for dolby digital. However, I wish to replace the DVD player with a DVD recorder (with built in Freeview), but all the models I have seen only have the Coaxial or Optical Digital Outputs. I have been searching for any convertor boxes (Digital Coaxial or Optical to 6ch Phono). Have not seen any from Lektropacks, Keene's, Maplins, various Hi-Fi and electronic stores and websites. Does this mean the end to my Yamaha Amp, and will I have no choice but to purchase another AV Amp?

2. pob

pob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    You would either need a new amp, or a seperate Dolby Digital/DTS processor, which would take the digital output from the DVD Recorder and give you the 6 phono outputs.

Personally, I would look for a new amp, rather than have another piece of equipment to wire up.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers

Phil

3. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69