Digital optical switcher unit

muljao

Just wondering does anyone use one of these units that allows you switch between inputs in case there isn't enough inputs on your system.

I have not seen a coax one, do these exist?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I use an optical switch very similar to this one

Amazon product

And it works very well. Technically the old Arcam AVR200 I use it with does have 2 optical inputs but one of them is used by the tape monitor source which is awkward to use hence adding the switch. I've got a Chromecast audio and the optical output from my Plasma TV connected through the switch.

I've never used a co-ax version but I did use a standard RCA switcher with a mechanical switch to switch between co-ax digital with no issues in the dim and distant past

muljao

I use an optical switch very similar to this one

Amazon product

And it works very well. Technically the old Arcam AVR200 I use it with does have 2 optical inputs but one of them is used by the tape monitor source which is awkward to use hence adding the switch. I've got a Chromecast audio and the optical output from my Plasma TV connected through the switch.

I've never used a co-ax version but I did use a standard RCA switcher with a mechanical switch to switch between co-ax digital with no issues in the dim and distant past

Thanks for the info 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom