Digital Only

Are your games (predominantly) digital only?

• Yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

W90WBA

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Curious how many people are (predominately) digital only when it comes to buying games on the Nintendo Switch - and if so do you just pay the price of games at their store price or wait for them to become discounted?

Ive been phsyical only, however I am currently debating moving to digital with all future purchases

All digital here. No regrets. The fact I can take my Switch to my mates and not have to deal with taking carts and swapping them every time makes the trade offs worth it.

If it’s a game I’m really wanting, then have no issues paying full price, but happy to wait as well if need be. Priorities n all that.

It’s the one thing thats always annoyed me, digital is better for the environment and is cheaper than physical (no printing, no material, no case etc) yet a physical game can be £25 whilst the digital version can remain double and some more

I only buy digital if I have no other choice. Buying digital will always workout more expensive as there is no resale value. The day the industry goes all digital will be a very sad day :( (imo).

Physical here. Reason, switch games hold their value. When my son gets bored I can move on a game and use the funds to purchase a new one.

Digi here. Bored of buying/re-selling and people low-balling, so region hop etc.

90% digital here. I've got a few physical games, but they're ones I've been given by other people or got stupidly cheap.
I either wait for the games I want to go into a sale or I region hop to get them at a cheaper price, I don't pay full UK prices for games.

All digital here. Can't be bothered switching carts, handier to just close the game and load another when required. Being able to change regions and get them cheaper is a bonus too. Cart boxes can be nice for display purposes but I'm trying to go for a more minimalist approach now, physical boxes just gather dust most of the time anyway.

All digital here. Can't be bothered switching carts, handier to just close the game and load another when required. Being able to change regions and get them cheaper is a bonus too. Cart boxes can be nice for display purposes but I'm trying to go for a more minimalist approach now, physical boxes just gather dust most of the time anyway.
Same approach here - 1st party Nintendo I buy, play through quickly, then sell as digital rarely goes cheap enough. Any I want to keep I'll just wait til they go in the classic range.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom