Digital only (second) TV and sky over RF - D'oh

maverickuk82

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all...

Have searched about but only find out of date info - please help!

Bought my daughter a TV a couple of months before Christmas - a sparkly one.

Today I have just spent six hours running hidden cabling, sockets, and mounted it on the wall - top job!

Turn it on only to find there's no analog TV option so she can't watch sky in her room over rf (all other tv's in the house can do this) digital quality is top notch on the sparkly tv.

I've had the TV too long to take it back so what can I do to get sky in her room - cheapest and easiest options preferred - I do actually have an Ethernet cable running from the sky box to upstairs - although this is needed for my network - could this be utilised?

I really don't want to fork out on another sky box and multiroom subscription!

Bit of a waste of time without the make & model no of this "sparkly" Tv.

Last edited:
I'm sorry it's a Bush BMKDVD24CR - although can't see how it helps - it simply doesnt have an analog tuner :-(

I'm sorry it's a Bush BMKDVD24CR - although can't see how it helps - it simply doesnt have an analog tuner :-(
It does tell us what connections are available on the TV to allow external devices to be added.

Ok thanks - it has hdmi, scart, yellow red and white (composites are they called?) rf in and USB although I think the USB is for service only.

often overlooked - composite video & analogue sound (3 phono = Y R W or scart av output converter) can be used to feed another room - you need the minimum of 3 wires (Video / mono sound & common) though but you've already got effectively 2 with the coax - or use 4 for stereo - not ideal without screening, especially if there's something it can pick up - so it should really be 2 screened (mono) 3 screened (stereo) if you can pull those through they can be smaller than the coax & it's a % better than RF PQ wise.

Last edited:
Old vcr or similar with PAL tuner. Connect by scart to TV with only DVB tuner.

Thanks for the heads up - I did actually consider this but it would then mean that I'd have to run another two cables behind the wall and there's bk space for a VCR...

Considering the new sky muktiscreen - how does it work?

it simply doesnt have an analog tuner :-(

Are you absolutely certain of that?
What choices do you have when you press the source (or AV) button?
If you have "TV and DTV" it has analogue...if the only source listed is "DTV" it is Freeview only.
I couldn't source a user manual online.

I only have a dtv/radio button, pressing av only gives scart input. Spent ages going through the manual - it's defo freebies only!

the spec says digital tuner = yes but no mention of analogue

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
There's nothing all that new about Sky multiscreen.
You pay them £10+ a month, they supply you with a non-recording receiver to use in another room.

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
That's normal, they very rarely mention analogue even though about 99% of them have it.

I know.. you should expect it in a spec sheet but manufacturers often do miss out features their products do have - hence no conclusion

Thanks for the input guys - gonna shell out for a new sky had box, 2tb sky are currently doing them for £49 and won't charge the £60 if I fit it myself, also gonna stump up the £11 for multiscreen - C'est la vie - Kids !!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom