1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Natural Motion problems with fast motion?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by m23, Jun 13, 2002.

1. m23

m23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When DNM is activated on my Loewe Aconda there is some strange Effect when parts of the picture moving very fast.

It looks like this parts will not be updated with the same framerate as the rest of the picture.

Especially on fast moving Actionfilms (think about Blade) this effect is very obvios and in my opionion much more disturbing than the compulsorily pixel cloud effect.

With DMI activated it works fine and without problem although with a lower framerate.

Is this effect unavoidable with DNM?

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Do you mean the halo or shimmer effect around moving objects? If so all sets with DNM, or whatever variant of it they use, suffer. It is generally worse the more digital processing you have switched on. You need to play around to find the best compromise setting. My Philips pixel plus suffers, and you can reduce it by turnig off PP, but then you lose its huge benefits. I leave it on. The shimmering is not a big problem.
    What is DMI?

3. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    m23: Do you mean DMM? I wasn't aware there was a setting for DNM