1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Lip Sync Problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by melliott1963, Mar 18, 2004.

1. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Since buying my new IDTV (Toshiba 28ZT29B) I've noticed that, on occasions the sound isn't in sync with the picture. Last night, for example, it was very noticable on Channel 4. However, changing to another channel (BBC1) the sound sync was fine. This would suggest to me that the problem is transmission related as opposed to the receiver.

Is this just a quirk that you get with Digital Transmissions (maybe if the signal's not that good), or could there be a problem with my digital receiver?

Thanks.

2. danprice

danprice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I get the same problem on my JVC 32p37 (using a freeview box). Channel 4 definately seems the worst culprit, although other channels are often slightly out of sync.

3. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Hi melliot what happens if you change back to 4 you'll probably find its back in sync. The panasonic stb was forevever doing this. All sorts of theories on this forum my humble one is. Yes its a digital thing and some tuners are affected some not. Wait till you record a film and find its out of sync start to finish.

4. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the replies.

When I changed back to 4, it was still out of sync (I must have changed 3 or 4 times!).

Do you think it's worth mentioning to Toshiba in case they have a fix for it, or should I just accept it as 'one of those things'?

5. jaymac

jaymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    Try Toshiba, I never ever had it stay out of sync ie it always reset by changing channels. They'll probably tell you its your aerial or the transmission., thats what panasonic always claimed. Yet when I got a sony its never (touch wood ) happened.