1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital keystone

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by spanx, Jun 12, 2003.

1. spanx

spanx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've been doing a bit of research concerning a new PJ, and have kind of settled on either the Sharp XV-90 or the Pan AE300.

However, one thing eludes me. I know these projectors all keystone the image to remove the trapezoid effect for ceiling mounts, etc. I have to problem where my screen is facing a door, so the projector will have to be situated to the right of the door (i.e. not directly facing the screen). Do these projectors handle this situation, or will I have to rethink the room?

Many thanks...

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will let others comment on the PJs you mention, but the HS10 has both vertical & horizontal correction (digital).

IIRC, the Z1 has both forms of correction (optical). Digital correction does effect PQ - optical lens shift would be a better option IMO.

Why not block up the door & thus avoid any correction?

I would :D

3. HappyLad

HappyLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AE300 also has horizontal & vertical keystone correction.

Got to agree with Kramer though, Keystone correction has a detrimental effect on PQ. Especially when viewing text, like on a PC desktop.

If you've no choice with the room layout then I guess it would have to be one of the compromises that you have to live with.
    :(

Good Luck

4. spanx

spanx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm,

I thought there would be downsides to keystoning

Ho hum - my only other option is bringing the projector to about 9' from the screen, but I figured this would be too close.

5. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi Spanx,

My DIYprojector is 8' away from the screen, and put's out a screen size of 85" diag.

And the quality is great via the htpc....

Cheers

Cosmic023

6. spanx

spanx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course, as my wife cunningly pointed out, there is actually a projector sized space ABOVE the door. Damn her and her common-sense.

7. Vorlon

Vorlon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi spanx

you can always rely upon the other half to solve problems in 5 minutes that you've been pondering for days !!