Digital/Harddisk recorder

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by lloydo, May 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. lloydo

lloydo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody know if Pace (or any other company) are making or will shortly be making a digital receiver/hard disk recorder (i.e. like Sky + but only receives free to watch digital channels) all in one box.

Sky + looks a great idea but I only want the 'normal' channels/no dish/no telephone connection.

Are Sky and Pace so in bed together that Pace won't make this product.

Does anybody else feel that this would be agood product?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You just want a HD recorder that can recieve digital channels but not those from a satellite?

There are HD recorders with digital satellite recievers in them but they won't decode videoguard channels which include the FTV(Free To View) BBC/ITV1/ch4/ch5 etc etc.

Currently there are no HD recorders that have an inbuilt DTT reciever in them, I would have thought there was a market for them and as PACE are an independent company there is nothing stopping them from merging the NDS system with their own DTT reciever. All it takes is to pay for the license to use the technology, only PACE and other companies can decide if the market at this time will support the product.

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Closest you'll get at the moment is a Thomson Tivo and a digital terrestrial reciever (two boxes).
    Tivo is source independant and "knows" about analogue terrestrial, digital terrestrial, cable and Sky.