Question Digital games shared between 2 gamertags on same console?

GazCBG

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Got a question about digital games on the Xbox One, that I have bought on my current gamertag, but would like to know the following.

If I setup a new Xbox One account and then sign in with it, will it have access to all the digital games and DLC from my main gamertag?

As I feel like starting a fresh.

Yep, there are two licences with every purchase, one for the 'Home' console, and one for the gamertag, if the console is set as home anyone can use on that console, if not then you need to log in with your main profile but I believe a second person could log in at the same time and play using the gamertag licence?

Yeah, as above but to confirm if not the home console your original ID will need to be signed in for anyone to play the games owned on that ID. The easiest solution if you had a second Xbox was to set that ID to auto sign in, then you wouldn't need to think about it.

But as @Rorifett said, if the home console then anyone can play those games whether you're signed in or not.

Out of interest, have you checked with MS support to see if they can just reset your Gamer score on your existing account....? seems a lot of hassle just to start over.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom