Digital game bought as a surprise

tommyehill1

Novice Member
Hi, hoping for some help…
If I buy a PS5 game from PS Store will any evidence of the purchase appear on the console automatically (assuming I have auto downloads etc disabled)? I want to buy a game for my son for Christmas but don’t want him spotting it until the big day. The obvious answer is to wait till Christmas Eve but it’s 75% off at the moment so that’s not an option.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Hi, hoping for some help…
If I buy a PS5 game from PS Store will any evidence of the purchase appear on the console automatically (assuming I have auto downloads etc disabled)? I want to buy a game for my son for Christmas but don’t want him spotting it until the big day. The obvious answer is to wait till Christmas Eve but it’s 75% off at the moment so that’s not an option.
It will be in the library page whether its downloaded or not so TBH they could see it if they went there.

MrTea34

Thanks. I don’t suppose you can hide games in the library?
You can hide games as long as you don’t download them.
Buy it then go to your library and it will be there in your collection. Click the options button and it will give you the option to hide it. If you download it then it will show up in the installed section and cannot be hidden.
I’ve bought and hid afew games in the sale ready for Xmas

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom