digital from yam 590 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by laurence harvey, Dec 30, 2000.

1. laurence harvey

laurence harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please help !!, got a tosh dvd 200e [excellent] and a yamaha dsp a 590 amp, use mission surrounds , no sub, dvd has built in 5.1 decoder but the amp only has 6 channel OUTPUTS [why ***]does anyone know of a way i can use the dvd decoder to get digital using this amp, secondly is it worth upgrading from pro logic to digital[never heard digital]I am skint at the mo, bought panasonic 32 dk1 widescreen[very impressed]and only lacking digital sound now.if i have to sell the family brass[ poor family lol] for a new amp, yam a 5 or sony 930 ?.lot of questions sorry, but u guys are my last hope..thank u

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Sold my old 590 to get a Yamaha A2. Huge improvement in every sense. No doubt. Do it. Loads more fun.
    I think the only way to get the 590 'digital' is to have an 6 channel input added to it for DVD use, by www.videotec.co.uk who are based in oxford.
    But for that cost a new amp is prob. the best way to go.
    Whatever you do, don't miss the chance of Dolby Digital. [​IMG]

------------------
    Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

3. laurence harvey

laurence harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the quick reply Gereral S.. I needed the conformation badly, now i can show my wife your expert advice and persuade her to chip in lol...once again thank u very much