Digital Foundry Playstation Review

KZ will be my Killer Title when I'm playing that in all it's 1080p glory. Seriously, it may be style over substance but it takes a steaming dump over Crysis 3 and everyone brags about how that atrocity of a game looks.

I liked crysis 3. And what are you claiming? KZ looks better than crysis 3 on a top end PC? Cos errrrr no it doesn't. Not in a million years.

Obviously KZ looks better than C3 on 360 and PS3 though, but hardly a fair comparison......

I liked crysis 3. And what are you claiming? KZ looks better than crysis 3 on a top end PC? Cos errrrr no it doesn't. Not in a million years.

Obviously KZ looks better than C3 on 360 and PS3 though, but hardly a fair comparison......
Congrats. Glad you liked it.

I'm saying KZ gameplay takes a dump on C3 gameplay and it still looks visually stunning. You're probably right about the C3 looking better than KZ on a top end PC considering they built KZ specifically for PS4 compenents so they only needed texture packs, AA, etc high enough to give the best fidelity on the PS4 and not a PC running 4 titans. So not really sure you should have gotten that from my comment cuz it's not really a fair fight... now if they made it for PC as a platform too I think they could give Crytek a run for their money.

No doubt the system is still work in progress, but i'm still can't fudgeing wait!

That's an interesting review and it seems to perform very well in most areas. It is a concern how consoles are becoming so Internet dependant, when the infrastructure in a lot of people's houses is probably not going to be sufficient enough for it all to work properly, but that's an issue with our rubbish Internet infrastructure I guess, not the games consoles.

That's an interesting review and it seems to perform very well in most areas. It is a concern how consoles are becoming so Internet dependant, when the infrastructure in a lot of people's houses is probably not going to be sufficient enough for it all to work properly, but that's an issue with our rubbish Internet infrastructure I guess, not the games consoles.

Holy sheet CAS did you bang your head:D

Holy sheet CAS did you bang your head:D
Haha, yeah I've just been AVRAPED! In all seriousness, I'd love nothing more than an all digital and cloud based experience but being realistic the infrastructure just isn't there to support it for many.

I see it as some form of cruel irony that my Internet speed is crap :D.

Congrats. Glad you liked it.

I'm saying KZ gameplay takes a dump on C3 gameplay and it still looks visually stunning. You're probably right about the C3 looking better than KZ on a top end PC considering they built KZ specifically for PS4 compenents so they only needed texture packs, AA, etc high enough to give the best fidelity on the PS4 and not a PC running 4 titans. So not really sure you should have gotten that from my comment cuz it's not really a fair fight... now if they made it for PC as a platform too I think they could give Crytek a run for their money.
Crysis isn't my favourite game, although I have played every single one of them. From what I have seen of Killzone it doesn't look as good or even seem to play as well as Crysis. The reviews seem to point out that some of the game has open crysis style levels, but then later on it becomes a more standard corridor shooter. I can't actually see any part of Killzone singleplayer that competes with the Crysis 3 singleplayer on equal terms - Crysis just seems a more tactical and interesting proposition. If you were to reduce the eye candy on both titles and just deal with the mechanics then I think you would find Crysis 3 a better designed game.

Killzone is a great launch title though as it does demonstrate the power of ps4 as it clearly looks a lot better than any ps360 title. The multiplayer probably offers something more accessible than cod/battlefield for those of us who don't play fps multiplayer for hours every night. If I was buying a ps4 I'd pick up KZ. Its wrong to say its as accomplished as Crysis though.

Difference of opinion surely, but I know I couldn't manage more than an hour on Crysis before I started falling asleep while playing.

Read a few early impressions and it sounds like a great bit of kit.

The controller seems to be the only negative. The light bar can be distracting if it shines onto the screen with one site suggesting covering it over with black tape! Battery life also appears to be weak and this maybe down to the light bar, but at least it can be charged in standby mode.

I never Played Crysis so the comparisons mean jack to me.

Read a few early impressions and it sounds like a great bit of kit.

The controller seems to be the only negative. The light bar can be distracting if it shines onto the screen with one site suggesting covering it over with black tape! Battery life also appears to be weak and this maybe down to the light bar, but at least it can be charged in standby mode.
That's great news. It's one of the things that does my tits in as you can't actually recharge your ps3 pads on the ps3 whilst it's in standby. When it's not in stand by up you are using the damn thing so you don't want to be sat there hooked up with a USB cable.

I had crysis as a free game as part of ps+, and hated it. Played about maybe 3 or 4 hours of it. Looked ok but was dull as dishwater.
KZ2 I loved, kz3 was not so great.

Goes to show we all have our own opinions, and so do reviewers which is why I rarely take notice unless a game gets majorly slated across the board.

My most played game this year is borderlands 2, didn't even see what scores that got in reviews but I think it's fantastic, one of the most fun and entertaining games I've ever played.

I had crysis as a free game as part of ps+, and hated it. Played about maybe 3 or 4 hours of it. Looked ok but was dull as dishwater.
KZ2 I loved, kz3 was not so great.

Goes to show we all have our own opinions, and so do reviewers which is why I rarely take notice unless a game gets majorly slated across the board.

My most played game this year is borderlands 2, didn't even see what scores that got in reviews but I think it's fantastic, one of the most fun and entertaining games I've ever played.

Funny you mention borderlands, I have been watching two lads on the ship playing that for the last 6 weeks, it looks a tonne of fun even though it looks absolute ghastly, I keep shouting out "it's a cartoon" as I pass them:D

Funny you mention borderlands, I have been watching two lads on the ship playing that for the last 6 weeks, it looks a tonne of fun even though it looks absolute ghastly, I keep shouting out "it's a cartoon" as I pass them:D
Lol, I really like the art style, but it's all the little things that crack me up, like set fire to one of the cannibals and as he dies he shrieks "I smell delicious!" :D

Loved Crysis. Was great when it first came out on the pc.
Agreed... I loved the first one. Cranked the settings up and it was very, very impressive in it's day. Thoroughly enjoyed game play and visuals.

there is an error in the eurogamer review basically this statement "What is curious is that firmware updates are no longer downloadable on your PC and flashable via USB storage - they're only available via retail disc and the internet" is completely false didn't they bother to read the released FAQ which has been out for weeks now it's mentioned there that you can and how to do it as does the manual you get with the PS4.

no excuse really for them to make such a wrong statement like that.

I love both borderlands games. So addictive!

Bl2 was easily goty 2012.

Far cry was also up there for me. I was a bit ticked at the whole reset outposts option made available a few weeks after I hawked the game cause I had beat everything.

BL2. .. coming to a Vita near you.

Never played it. But I will when it's on MA VEETS!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom