1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Essentials DVD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PMATHER, Jan 13, 2005.

1. PMATHER

PMATHER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I have seen in one of the trade magazines the above DVD which appears to give advise on TV settings, speaker / Set positions.

Is it worth buying in order to optimise my Tosh. 32ZP46 ?

Many Thanks

Paul

2. jurass

jurass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no question about it. you've got to have a reference source (and it's a good one) if you care about how you're watching and listening to your system

3. Apnomis

Apnomis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I bought it (£14.99 off Play.com) it's not bad, there was some useful info in it and some nice examples of high def recordings. I didn't really use it for sound but for picture I made some important changes to really improve my screen. Suppose it depends on how much tweaking you can do on your Toshiba. I corrected the brightness, contrast and colours etc quite easily using this DVD. I also used the screen size grid to resize and move the screen, it's amazing how much the picture is "zoomed" I see about an extra couple of inches all the way round the screen!

To be honest though for the average joe it may be too involved for what you need, many of the important test cards and audio tests are available on any THX certified DVD film, just click on the THX logo that will be somewhere on the menu screen, probably in audio options...

4. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    For the price and the small amount of time it takes to see improvements, I would definitely say it is worth buying