1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Empire's PW7?????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by is1111, Apr 5, 2005.

1. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hi as some may know i am in the hunt for a 42" PW7 after cancelling my order with Tiny :D
    Found this http://www.digitalempireonline.co.uk/default.asp?Detail=Yes&ModelID=438
    but when i called to confirm price of the screen alone i was advised i had to take one of the crap packages which push the screen up to £2000.
    on the website though it is clearly listed with screen only for good price and free delivery. I started to go through the order process online out of interest and it appeared to let me choose just the tv and went through to confirming credit card details. i didn't finish the order bu couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't complete as the total for just the screen was the final total due.
    can anyone else advise if they have bought from digital empire and even better anyone managed to get the 42 PW7 on its own as per the above link.

thanks

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    That link doesnt work. i think the page your trying to link too is here.

http://www.digitalempireonline.co.uk/default.asp?Detail=Yes&ModelID=438

It is rather confusing but it does say at the top of the page THIS MUST BE BOUGHT WITH ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW. Although it then looks like you can buy it screen only. Try it and see as if you get to the checkout and its only quoting the price of the screen they cant add any more on with out asking your first.

3. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    yeah tried this yesterday and got to a worldpay checkout with only the total price of the screen but i didn't key in credit card details to complete checkout.
    I called them to see and some guy who didn't sound too clued up said i had to take one of the two grand options but when i advised it was on their website as screen only he waffled something about them having to show this on the web. seems a bit of a con to get people in through price searches.
    also if it lets me checkout for screen only i don;t see how they can't give me it for that price as it is selectable on their website and also doesn't make you choose the two grand package.
    might call again later and see if someone else advises something different or might just order it and see what happens!!