1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Empire rant

Discussion in 'TVs' started by machasm, Sep 17, 2004.

1. machasm

machasm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,
    Firstly let me thank you all for all the knowledge I have gleaned from perusing this site during this last month. It has helped me to decide upon purchasing a Sony KD32DX200.
    However, I would just like to point out to fellow members that trying to cancel an order with Digital Empire incurs a cancellation charge (in my case 20%!). Since I placed the order I was told that delivery date should have been today but they now expect delivery to them next Friday meaning that the set won't be shipped to me until sometime the following week.
    I have since found the set somewhere else for a few quid cheaper (£20) and is in stock but since I don't want to have to pay something in the region of £180 just to cancel I will have to stick it out!
    Needless to say I wont be using them in the future.
    Mac. :mad:

2. builder

builder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Relax,

What makes you think the cheaper place has it in stock, no cheap supplier keeps anything in stock, whats the point when the manufacturer has highly developed supply chains and bears all the stocking cost? Surely a few days isn't going to hurt you.

builder

3. machasm

machasm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Relax!
    The point is I don't really have a choice do I?
    I am going to have to wait. I have already checked with the other supplier and found that they are holding the set in stock.
    Its not so much that I have to wait but more to the point if someone needs to cancel for some other reason (lets say they have had a change of heart and want to buy something else) they wont be able to without having to pay a charge. Other retailers do not have these sort of charges shopathills for example.
    Thanks for your feedback anyway builder.
    Mac.

4. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I agree with Lion....this is highly dubious :thumbsdow I would tell them that you will be seeking advice from those nice peps down at Trading Standards and see if that makes any difference..good luck.

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Time to contact them again and be a bit more assertive. From their terms a cancelation charge is only levied ''
    If your parcel has been collected by our couriers and you wish to cancel the order there will be cancellation charge (Contact us for more details)''. Since the tv has not been collected by the courier but is not available for delivery at the moment then the charge should not be applied.

6. machasm

machasm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is on the Second line of their terms and conditions.

This was taken from the fourth line

If you wish cancel an order there will be a cancellation charge( please contact for more details

I will phone the trading standards office on Monday.

Thanks for the help guys.

Mac.

7. builder

builder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think Easyjet,

Don't be suprised when you hunt around to save the last farthing that the supplier is working on such low margins that he's he's not going to operate like a large retailer who sells on service and not price.

Question.............. How much have you spent and will you spend on DVD's and then fret about a few pounds om a TV.

Life is too short !!!!!