digital dj needs discs

Annerz

Standard Member
Hi all,
I recently bought a proffessional dj cd player. I have heard rumours that crappy discs burnt at home will desttoy the machine.
Can you tell me the best band of blank cdr/cdrw to buy.

Shenoizy

Hi all,
I recently bought a proffessional dj cd player. I have heard rumours that crappy discs burnt at home will desttoy the machine.
Can you tell me the best band of blank cdr/cdrw to buy.

Who told you that? It's nonsense... no more than a standard CD player will be ruined by CDR's. Which CDJ machine did you go for - Pioneer, Denon?

I've used many different DJ CD decks over the years and none have complained with the use of CDR's. If they can't read them, that's one thing but for them to actually harm the machine is very doubtful. It's a read only mechanism and so long as the disc is not scratched to death the whole laser/motor mechanism should not be adversely affected. Besides, they're designed to withstand more abuse.

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Yes, its advisable to use reasonable CD's, but not for that reason. Sounds like the sort of thing a salesman would say to try and sound like he knew what his was on about.

Annerz

Standard Member
I have pioneer cdj 800 mk 2. It wasn't the shop, but one of those dj forums.
I had to check as cdj's are a significant buy.

hutch

Distinguished Member
I use Tesco branded CD-R's for my CDJ 800 mk 1 and mk2 and they are fine :smashin:

Annerz

Standard Member
Cheers all, I shall now go and burn my remixes and make myself famous!:smashin:

redgoblin83

Standard Member
That is not true, I'm using cd-r on different machines and brands, never got a problem. That sounds weir cause an Numark double cd player that also can play mp3 songs could not stand hours of cd-r ? Yes it can.

:)

Annerz

Standard Member
That is not true, I'm using cd-r on different machines and brands, never got a problem. That sounds weir cause an Numark double cd player that also can play mp3 songs could not stand hours of cd-r ? Yes it can.

:)

come again :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom