• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Digital disc code & streaming services

chezybezy

i think this is the correct forum to post this in....
This is a really stupid question but i can not for the lift of me find an answer and given that there are so many services i thought id ask you guys.
ive recently discovered flixster (via a code gift) and wondered if there was any way that those digital activation codes can be added to something like flixster? sorta like steam / desura does with games?

ive heard that some do activate with itunes >< and while not what i had in mind if that is true i would give it a go if so.

oh and im meaning the codes that you get when you buy blurays and you have a digital copy on disc that you use it in conjunction with.

GaryB 1978

Distinguished Member
i think this is the correct forum to post this in....
This is a really stupid question but i can not for the lift of me find an answer and given that there are so many services i thought id ask you guys.
ive recently discovered flixster (via a code gift) and wondered if there was any way that those digital activation codes can be added to something like flixster? sorta like steam / desura does with games?

ive heard that some do activate with itunes >< and while not what i had in mind if that is true i would give it a go if so.

oh and im meaning the codes that you get when you buy blurays and you have a digital copy on disc that you use it in conjunction with.
I stream a few through the Flixster App, but not all are recognized, namely Disney. They go through I Tunes.

churchin

I downloaded the Flixter app after reading that the US can now stream to the Chromecast (hopefully here soon). You can't redeem codes directly from the app, but Ultraviolet codes can be redeemed on the website and then you can view your collection and stream to your device via the app.

To redeem Ultraviolet codes, go to Offer Selection - Flixster - UltraViolet

It's a bit convoluted in that you have to search for the film first and then enter the code you have for it. Also, the website does not seem to be re-sizeable on a phone/tablet so there was a bit of scrolling around in Chrome.

I needed to create a Flixter account and then when I redeemed the first code it prompted me to create an Ultraviolet account and it then linked them together.

Some disks (Wolverine) have their own website to redeem and it then gives you the option of which supplier you want to use - I had the choice of Google Play for one film.

I'm not sure what the process is for films where there is a digital copy on the disks themselves, I've not tried one of those yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom