Digital Direct

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Yes I have. It was a positive experience. They are also a forums advertiser from time to time. I would recommend them.

suth100

Standard Member
bought off them a few years ago, no problems...:thumbsup:

J80FAB

Their prices are pretty decent I have to say.

Only problem is that they seem to charge a fair bit for delivery which bumps up the price & it doesn't look like you can collect from them in Bolton.

Are they not a part of Sound & Vision which is also based in Bolton ?

EDIT :

I think they are a part of S&V because S&V include delivery in their price which works out the same as with Digital Direct once they add the delivery charge to the item.

pjskel

Absolutely - Derrick is considered a top bloke from others I know who bought from him through recommendation on another board I frequent.

J80FAB

Absolutely - Derrick is considered a top bloke from others I know who bought from him through recommendation on another board I frequent.

Yes DD & S&V must be the same as they are located near to each other.

DD must be the warehouse side of the business whereas S&V actually has a showroom you can go to.

Is this 'Derrick' at S&V or Digital Direct ?

pjskel

If the two companies are in fact one and the same, only different trading names.
I only know of his association with D D.

J80FAB

If the two companies are in fact one and the same, only different trading names.
I only know of his association with D D.

I think someone mentioned in a different thread that they are related.

The fact that the prices are the same sort of gives it away. And address-wise the two are very near to each other suggesting that goods might be despatched from the Digital Direct side for both companies - Google Earthing shows a fairly large building/warehouse for the DD address.

And S&V on their website show where you can park which is right next to the DD building :)

CJ90000

Yeah was thinking about getting the 42px70ped from these guys.

Total Excluding Delivery £830.49
Delivery to Aberdeen £112.51
Total including Delivery £943.00

Delivery is high though... TV and pedestal price is excellent.

brandondanger

digital direct are very cheap but ive never used them, i got empire direct online to price match them then collected from store. easy!

J80FAB

Yeah was thinking about getting the 42px70ped from these guys.

Total Excluding Delivery £830.49
Delivery to Aberdeen £112.51
Total including Delivery £943.00

Delivery is high though... TV and pedestal price is excellent.

Interesting.

I've just noticed that Sound & Vision have lowered the price of the TH-42PX70PED from £929.00 delivered to £918.00 delivered.

There is a surcharge though delivering all that way to the Aberdeen area which is £7.48.

Total from S&V would therefore be £925.48, just over £17 difference.

Had a look what the total would be for delivery to my area. S&V give their £918.00 delivered charge and DD give £918.00, so no difference there but also a difference in the DD price from yesterday as this has also gone down by £11.

I must say that £918.00 for the TH-42PX70PED is a very good price.

overide

Standard Member
Interesting.

I've just noticed that Sound & Vision have lowered the price of the TH-42PX70PED from £929.00 delivered to £918.00 delivered.

There is a surcharge though delivering all that way to the Aberdeen area which is £7.48.

Total from S&V would therefore be £925.48, just over £17 difference.

Had a look what the total would be for delivery to my area. S&V give their £918.00 delivered charge and DD give £918.00, so no difference there but also a difference in the DD price from yesterday as this has also gone down by £11.

I must say that £918.00 for the TH-42PX70PED is a very good price.

£919.00 including delivery here http://www.121electricals.com/detail.asp/sku=TH42PX70PED

J80FAB

Not sure if anyone is aware of this but Digital Direct are currently partnered with Airmiles.

If you order something from them via the Airmiles website (assuming you collect Airmiles) you will be awarded 1 mile for every £10 you spend.

During promotional Airmiles periods you will usually get 2 miles for £10.

There are other on-line shops doing similar things with Airmiles such as John Lewis.

Currys & Dixons are there aswell but I think they are best avoided :D

CJ90000

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom