1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital direct...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Techtronic, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Techtronic

Techtronic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings,
    I recently bought an LCD TV from digital direct. Unfortunately however they were out of stock and gave me no such notification prior to purchasing the TV. They told me last Monday that the screen would be in sometime this week, and after calling them again today I was informed that it was not going to be in stock until next week. Can anyone who has had experience with digital direct confirm for me whether this is a frequently occurring problem and whether it is likely to continue for long? Your help would be greatly appreciated,
    Many Thanks,
    Andy :mad:

2. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I just ordered from them. Empire are the same, you order and you're left without a clue as to when you'll get your item.

If I were you I would find (for certain) another retailer that has stock of the TV you want, cancel with DD and order with the other retailer. It's DD's fault for not keeping you informed, so they lose a sale.

IMO most companies are the same though. In future when ordering via DD email them to check stock, you do get an instant reply. Shame the website doesn't have a stock check.

3. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    In the comments, I always say that I'm placing the order that the item is available and will be shipped in say 48hrs.

4. ma94jcg

ma94jcg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ordered my 32" lcd tv from total digital who confirmed on the phone they had stock (it also says so on their website) and delivered within 5 days (ordered tuesday, delivered saturday). plus.....they pricematched digital direct!

i previously ordered a 15" from dig direct - it took them close to 3 weeks to deliver so not impressive

5. dmsims

dmsims
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  6. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a Tosh 51wh36 from them last christmas, had no problems with the order...cust service was good when I rang up about the delivery and the delivery men seemed reasonable (i.e. not :censored: not great).
    Can't fault them but have only ordered one thing from them - no stock problems as all suppliers had to order these TVs from Tosh (they're bloody huge!)

7. Techtronic

Techtronic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for responding guys,
    I have just got off the phone to Digital Direct; the one-man customer service was once again very friendly. I was told that the stock was 'going to' arrive on Monday and I should expect delivery on either Thursday or Friday. With this in mind I see no harm in waiting a little longer however I don’t think I am alone in thinking that if something is in fact out of stock then as the customer you should receive some sort of notification, I will certainly think twice before using them again.
    Andy

8. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Rather an ironic user name to be complaining about poor customer service.

9. Techtronic

Techtronic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My own experience with Techtronics has been pretty good, well better than Digital Direct at least.

10. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Shouldn't this be in the past tense now? ;)

Phil

11. BabyCakes

BabyCakes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have Techtronics gone out of business?

12. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup - a couple of months ago IIRC.

Thank GOD I didn't bring in a couple of DVD jukeboxes from the US for them to mod! Never nice to see any company go down but there were some real horror stories from people about their customer service.

Phil

13. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a dvd player from techtronics about a year ago, couldn't fault them on their customer service.

Yesterday I ordered some items from digitaldirect (after calling them to see if the items were in stock, the woman confirmed that they were in stock and even told me how many of each they had), had the order confirmation email within minutes of ordering online, and an email to say they are now Scheduling Delivery about an hour after the order was placed, so I assume that means everything is ok and they'll be sending it out for delivery on monday...

Been good so far :)

14. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    If it helps, Digital Direct is the same setup as Sound & Vision

15. Samuelkaye2

Samuelkaye2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’m beginning to wonder if concerning some products, which might not be heavily ordered constantly whether they actually keep them in stock or whether they just order them from the manufacturer when they receive an order from a consumer.

16. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    These quoted dealers have ahuge warehouse and I have never yet known them to be out of stock. I can assure you they would say so.

17. iSix

iSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My order placed with digital direct on friday arrived today :) no complaints about them from me.

18. Samuelkaye2

Samuelkaye2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IM still waiting on my order for the hitachi 28ld5200 been 2weeks now and everyday is a new excuse