Digital Direct

Big Stan

Established Member
Reaction score
Digital Direct-Be warned,bought Demo PJ with claimed 53 hrs when arrived 1871 hrs!!!! Cant get refund, wont answer the phone or email, broken promises etc etc-behaving like a company that is about to go bust-very bad news:mad::mad:

They're useless. I ordered some speaker cable and a month later with no delivery decided to cancel. Took 3 phone calls and threats of getting VISA involved to get my money back. If anyone wants a direct e-mail address to one of the managers there let me know.

pm sent

Digital Direct-Be warned,bought Demo PJ with claimed 53 hrs when arrived 1871 hrs!!!! Cant get refund, wont answer the phone or email, broken promises etc etc-behaving like a company that is about to go bust-very bad news:mad::mad:

How did you pay?

I would say you are covered under the distance selling laws and trading standards as the Item was not as described!

If you paid by Credit Card, contact them asap.

The Forge

Cant get refund, wont answer the phone or email....
When you telephone them, just press the number for "sales" and they'll answer straight away. If you press the button for "customer services" they never answer. :smashin:

I'm pretty sure that the manager (or at least someone reasonably high up) of DD is a member on PistonHeads (car forum). Funny thing is that lately I haven't seen him posting on there in the hifi and TV section. Maybe like a lot of companies in these times, they are finding it hard...

Thanks but I bought it when we had started construction of the cinema room, by the time I got it mounted and up and running it was passed the time when the credit card company could help-lesson lerned there!

gcol Have tried the customer services selection but still dosnt answer! Thanks for the PM

Off to the small claims court, I think that is my best route now

Just for clarity, you need to select "sales" not "customer services". I never once got an answer when selecting "customer services". However, if you're saying that now they don't answer if you select sales now then it doesn't sound good.
1871 hrs represents quite along time in projector ownership though I don't know how you are going to prove that you haven't just left it switched on permanently - 1871 hrs is the equivalent of 78 days constant use. Is it longer than 78 days since you bought it? If so, I'd say you were on a bit of a loser here.

gcol thanks but not really, they agreed with me and said they would refund. Also they originally advertised as new only when I rang the sales guy told me it was a demo with very few hours on it i.e. 53. All down in emalis back and forth, now just making promoses to collect and refund and wont. I have half dozen emails to back this up. Looks like they have staff changes galore, I am on the 5th person now-if he comes back to me that is?

Digital Direct now in Administration:( Lesson for me, buy something-check it immediatlly so credit card company can help within time limits:suicide:

Sorry to hear they went under.

What projector was it you bought? Maybe its still under manufacturer warranty.

I would contact who ever makes it and see what they say, they might RMA it using its serial number, just dont mention the hours on the lamp, after all you bought it as new even if it was used when you recieved it.

The Forge

Not much chance but thanks for the suggestion. The PJ is at least 4 years old-they well and trully stiched me up. Kept it in the box ubtill I neede it. I was a bit unsure of model numbers and should have spotted it was an older version. What goes around comes around-Digital Direct not an honest company:devil: But hey-nobody died as they say:)

Digital Direct now in Administration:( Lesson for me, buy something-check it immediatlly so credit card company can help within time limits:suicide:
Where did you get this information from Stan? On their website it just says they are making improvements.

Sorry to hear of all the trouble you're having.

Last edited:
Digital Direct went into administration on the 21st of June. They stitched me up like a kipper, I'm going through my credit card company to see if I can claim any money. After a month of no delivery and a month of trying to cancel (unavailable or lying) I got the Administrators letter.

Last edited:
I must admit I had never heard a good thing about that company and am suprised that they were an assured trader.

Digital Direct went into administration on the 21st of June. They stitched me up like a kipper, I'm going through my credit card company to see if I can claim any money. After a month of no delivery and a month of trying to cancel (unavailable or lying) I got the Administrators letter.

I am in the same boat as you but with Sound and Vision, I put a deposit down on a TV and they refuse to refund the money so I am having to go through the process with my credit card company. Why are companies allowed to go into administration and then start up again under another name knowing well and true they don't have to fill peoples orders, I am well p****d off.

@zedferret & nickteal - I am in the same boat, I think Sound and Vision is the retail arm of Digital Direct. I had a G20 on order for over a month and nothing, could never contact anyone to confirm delivery date and the only way I could cancel was to write them a letter which they never acknowledged, so I am filing a chargeback with my credit card company to try and get my deposit back, although that seems to be taking it's time.

What really pees me off is when you read the administrators letter, they had a company in to value all the assets (in May I think) so it was quite clear that the company was going down the tubes yet they were still taking orders via their web site at that time (which is when I placed my order).

Also if you read it carefully, you will notice that the actually company that has gone bust is VBA Ltd., Digital Direct was just a trading name, and a new company called Elitemark has bought it up. Guess who Elitemark is owned by? The same people that owned VBA Ltd.

I bet Elitemark are going to trade as Digital Direct still, which is why the web site still exists, but because it's got "new" owners they don't appear to be honouring any existing orders or deposits, even though it's the same people!

Also I have had my review on reviewcentre taken down along with a load of other recent reviews complaining about them. Their complaints manager contacted me and said an ex-employee was going through the reviews and lodging complaints with them, I suspect they are trying to remove any recent bad reviews so they can re-launch the Digital Direct brand with a fairly "fresh" reputation and blame the older ones on the previous administration (which remember is still the same people).

I am utterly ****** off with this lot, I was hoping to get my new TV in time for the world cup but they have just totally mucked me about and stolen £109 deposit off me. They deserve all the bad press they get if they are going to operate in this way.

Last edited:
@zedferret & nickteal - I am in the same boat, I think Sound and Vision is the retail arm of Digital Direct. I had a G20 on order for over a month and nothing, could never contact anyone to confirm delivery date and the only way I could cancel was to write them a letter which they never acknowledged, so I am filing a chargeback with my credit card company to try and get my deposit back, although that seems to be taking it's time.

What really pees me off is when you read the administrators letter, they had a company in to value all the assets (in May I think) so it was quite clear that the company was going down the tubes yet they were still taking orders via their web site at that time (which is when I placed my order).

Also if you read it carefully, you will notice that the actually company that has gone bust is VBA Ltd., Digital Direct was just a trading name, and a new company called Elitemark has bought it up. Guess who Elitemark is owned by? The same people that owned VBA Ltd.

I bet Elitemark are going to trade as Digital Direct still, which is why the web site still exists, but because it's got "new" owners they don't appear to be honouring any existing orders or deposits, even though it's the same people!

Also I have had my review on reviewcentre taken down along with a load of other recent reviews complaining about them. Their complaints manager contacted me and said an ex-employee was going through the reviews and lodging complaints with them, I suspect they are trying to remove any recent bad reviews so they can re-launch the Digital Direct brand with a fairly "fresh" reputation and blame the older ones on the previous administration (which remember is still the same people).

I am utterly ****** off with this lot, I was hoping to get my new TV in time for the world cup but they have just totally mucked me about and stolen £109 deposit off me. They deserve all the bad press they get if they are going to operate in this way.

Hi Paul

I had the exact same letter as you so I know your pain, how were the credit card company with your claim? I get the impression they don't want to pay up but I won't let it go, I am determined to get my money back..:mad:

Nick

I must admit I had never heard a good thing about that company and am surprised that they were an assured trader.

Well, one good thing about them was that they indirectly saved TG a lot of money in 2004 when John Lewis agreed to price-match against them for a new Panasonic tv! :clap:

But sorry to hear of all the members who now have problems with them.

In the currect financial situation, I fear they won't be the last to go to the wall. :(

Hi Paul

I had the exact same letter as you so I know your pain, how were the credit card company with your claim? I get the impression they don't want to pay up but I won't let it go, I am determined to get my money back..:mad:

Nick

They've asked me to fill in some bloody form and provide evidence of my attempts to contact them, which consisted of various unanswered emails and the cancellation letter. Still waiting for the refund, got the feeling as you did they don't really want to pay up, maybe when I mentioned the words "Digital Direct" it rung alarm bells with them. I will persist though.

Sigh.

They've asked me to fill in some bloody form and provide evidence of my attempts to contact them, which consisted of various unanswered emails and the cancellation letter. Still waiting for the refund, got the feeling as you did they don't really want to pay up, maybe when I mentioned the words "Digital Direct" it rung alarm bells with them. I will persist though.

Sigh.

My credit card company asked me to send a copy of the letter from the admistrators, don't let it go, I certainly won't. They said they would ring back in around 5 days so all I can do is wait but I hope everything gets sorted by then. Hope you get your money back soon.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom