• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Digital Direct - gone?

bugbod

Standard Member
I want to buy a TV they have on their website but they appear to be redirecting me to Amazon with a vague price (last known lowest, I think).
I've tried to phone them but all the numbers are variously dead, not recognised, temporarily out of order, apart from one which answered with a recorded 'is nobody available to take your call' message and then cut off.
I've tried the numbers on the website and also all those listed on Saynoto0870.com.
Are they still in business, does anyone know? I hope so, I really liked them.

bugbod

Standard Member
Really? The website is still there but you can't buy from it. I didn't think it was that long since I last bought, but time flies! :) I did do a search on here before I posted and I think the last reference was in 2009/10 so you're probably right.
Thanks for that. I guess I'll just use Amazon.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Hi, Dont quote me on this but im more than sure they went out business at least 4 years ago.
Digital Direct went bust several years ago, but was relaunched by the former owners as Digital Direct GB limited.
According to companies house:
Name & Registered Office:
DIGITAL DIRECT (GB) LIMITED
CARLYLE HOUSE
78 CHORLEY NEW ROAD
BOLTON
LANCS
BL1 4BY
Company No. 04602745
Status
: Active
Date of Incorporation: 27/11/2002
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
47990 - Other retail sale not in stores, stalls or markets
Accounting Reference Date: 31/05
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/05/2013 (DORMANT)
Next Accounts Due: 28/02/2015
Last Return Made Up To: 27/11/2013
Next Return Due: 25/12/2014
What does the '(DORMANT)' bit mean?
Their website has information about a Sping sale on it, which indicates that it hasn't been updated for 6 months plus.
And the BUY button links you to Amazon with their affiliate tag, so it looks like the business is not retailing any more.
The fact that they haven't taken their website down means to me, they can't be bothered or they intend to revive it.
Either way, it's misleading that the website appears the way it does.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom