Digital Direct Bolton

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by PrinceOfEgypt, Jun 1, 2002.

1. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Dear All,

I took receipt of a 36" Hitachi 36WF810N TV today. The delivery man wouldnt unbox it because he was in a hurry, so i said that i'd do it...
    When i signed on the acceptance note, i wrote on there that i did not check it upon delivery.
    Anyway i unboxed it only to find scuff marks all over the top, and dust gathered on the vent holes, it is without question second hand. I am fed up with these ****** ripping us off.
    I asked Nigel the guy who i dealt with when purchasing this and he assured me that the TV that would be delivered would be new, direct from Hitachi. Far from it, this is a complete joke.
    I want to shut down these [removed b y spectre] because i for one have had enough.
    I hope one of their useless, misleading members of staff read this...
    I am at the end of my tether, i am now without a TV for the world cup.
    What should i do, i cannot even be bothered to set up the stand...

2. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All you can do seems to be to report them to trading standards, get a refund/take them to the small claims court.
    By the way i don't think spectre likes you mentioning the name of the company on the forum, something to do with legal stuff.
    Spunky

3. PrinceOfEgypt

PrinceOfEgypt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Fair enough Spunky, but ive really had enough...

4. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Prince of Egypt, I can't beleive you bought from these guys.

They are Sound & Vision's mail order only arm of the business, or at least from my dealings, appear to be.

One member posted that the two companies weren't connected, whilst another member confirmed that they were indeed connected.

Check this thread: http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?...hp?s=&threadid=28396&highlight=Digital+Direct

Search and read all the other threads for 'Digital Direct' + 'Sound & Vision'.

5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,546
    Warning to Prince of Egypt :
    You absolutely can not use language like you did as it is defamatory and libellous and therefore illegal.
    At this point I ask you to do 2 things:
    1) no matter how annoyed you are you do not repeat this kind of language and
    2) put your real name in your signature. Sniping at retailers from an anonymous handle on a forum is not fair.

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    PrinceofEgypt:

You really have had the worst experience of buying a TV over the past few months. I had hoped you were sorted by now. Still, I don't think another thread regarding Sound & Vision/Digital Direct is the way forward. You need to try and sort this out once and for all - legally if required.