Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Digital Custom Install Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by davejw, Nov 12, 2002.

1. davejw

davejw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody have any experiance with these? I looked at Meridian but they do not do the ceiling mounted or wall mounted speakers.
    If any installers out there can let me know some makes that do so I could investigate it would be appreciated.

Rgards

Dave

:D

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was reported on the Meridian forum that Meridian have got some in walls coming out soon. I believe they were at Cedia USA. Not sure if they're on their website yet.

3. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dave,

When you said 'digital speakers' do you mean in Meridian proprietary sense or general active speakers accepting digital audio signal directly?

4. davejw

davejw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically any active speaker that can accept a digital source.
    I have Meridian 561 (Thanks Chris) and 2 x 5500 meridian from my old setup but looking for some digital speakers for room 2 which is my main listening room. I will run these from the digital out channels of the 561.

I looked at 5000 series on Loot but they are not the 24bit Meridian. I was not looking at spending Meridian type money £3000+ at the moment

Regards

Dave

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave

The problem you will find is in controlling non-meridian digital speakers' volume. A 561 will control Meridian speakers volume no problem at all... If you use something like Philips digital speakers however, you will have to set the volume independently. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

For less money consider analogue actives such as M&K 2510Ps, ATC, Genelec etc... Otherwise hold out for second hand Meridians. Perhaps as all the rich rush to purchase Meridian 8000s grab their 5500/6000 series!!!