1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital coverage question

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jtorry, Nov 22, 2002.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having just done a post code check at http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html
    it tells me that I cannot get ITV1/2 and chanel 4. What I want to know is whether anyone else in the south (West Sussex) can recieve these chanels and whether this test is likely to be accurate.

2. kantilal

kantilal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am live in mansfield notts. Same problam i have! Please give advice. Thank you BBC all program is coming No ITV/Chanel 4/5:)

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Sounds like QAM 64 vs a6 problem

Email ITC and complain

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You must be near my dad, at a guess! He borrowed a box from B&W, old friends of his, and found, diddly squat! Postcode checker was right, and no forseeable upgrading. It's not a transmission power issue, and apparently there are no more frequencies to use with a new transmitter, so tough s***** as they say. Yes, he's as pleased as you are, just wait till they switch off analogue!

Seriously, he's now looking at options with sky, doing enough for a free install, and the minimum thereafter until he can cancel and get just the FTA channels, which I understand is possible.

BTW He's in Rustington, nr Littlehampton. If that helps you.

5. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

It might be worth waiting for the FTA aerial transmitter to get its act together rather than opting for a FTA sky simply because sky doesn't offer nearly as many FTA stations.
    There is even talk of the BBC pulling the plug from sky because of the costs involved. Will it happen? Who knows?

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Quite so, it's just that the DTT transmitters are as act together as they will EVER be, so I am told, until they turn off analogue, when those frequencies will become available to DTT. Presumably with a period of no service at all. It's all on the DTT site, and it doesn't look good.

7. kevenh

kevenh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a big fan of DTT, but unfortunately there is more fta with Sky.
    From Digital Spy : -
    Non-subscription channels
    BBC1, BBC2, BBC Choice, BBC Four, BBC News 24, BBC Parliament, ITV1, Channel 4, Channel 5, S4C, S4C2, Travel Channel, Channel Health, Liberty TV, TCM, Extreme Sports, CNN, ITN News, Einstein Channel, Boomerang, TV Travelshop, TV Travelshop 2, Shop!, PIN, Ideal World, Screenshop, Shop America, Bid-up.tv, Travel Deals Direct, Christian Channel/God Channel, Inspiration, TV Job Shop, The Community Channel, Dating Channel, B4U Music, Phoenix CNE Channel, Magazine Showcase, Game Network

Maybe more uptodate from Sky.com: -

Non-subscription channels

BBC1
    BBC2
    BBC Choice
    BBC News 24
    BBC Parliament
    BBC Four
    CBBC
    Cbeebies
    ITV1
    CNN
    Channel 4 plus S4C and S4C2
    Channel 5
    BBC (Radio 1-3, 4FM and LW, 5 Live, 5 Live Sports Extra, World Service, Radio Scotland, Radio Wales, Radio Ulster, Asian Network
    Classic FM
    Classic Gold
    The Mix
    Planet Rock
    Core
    Virgin Radio
    Capital Gold
    Xfm
    Youthfm.com
    Heart FM
    WRN Euro Max

Also, Sky News and QVC are available without a viewing card

8. ehowland

ehowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in Burgess Hill West Sussex and had alot of trouble to begin with. Used to be on Midhurst transmitter and was told no signal, but we could get all appart from the new Freeview channels that started in October. Got an ariel company in and they said we had no signal at all but we got some digital channels.

Anyway, another ariel fitter came in and within half an hour he turned the ariel around to Midhurst and now we get ALL digital channels.

Hope this helps. What area are you in?

9. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Haywards heath.

10. ehowland

ehowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Haywards Heath is just down the road from me as you know. You should be on Midhurst transmitter as we are, so you should be able to get all channels. The postcode checker is not very reliable, and they are very cautious with there results. You should have no problem providing your ariel is good enough.