1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Cordless Phone with Automated Attendant

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by nabbas, Aug 24, 2004.

1. nabbas

nabbas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am a student about to move ino a student house. Three are six of us living there and we want a phone system that suits best. Ideally we are looking for a system that has cordless so we can use it internally but also if we could have a system whereby the phone doesnt ring all handsets immediately but goes through to an automated response and the caller can choose what handset to call in the house.

Is this possible on digital cordless phones as I have done searches and only found top end business services costing hundreds of pounds.?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    s/h business system? an analogue switch board and the plug cheap cordless units into sockets, 9 for outside line and internal numbers? i think it would have to be a switch board and S/H still quite expensive, have a look at Exchange and mart

3. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You'll probably be better off with 6 mobiles on a cheap PAYG tarriff. A single phone is likely to get tied up by one of you for long periods of time.

However, I seem to recall BT offering a service whereby a phone could have some different ringing tones for different people in the household. I think it was marketed towards families so you knew who the call was for.