1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digital connection question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by flick, Sep 4, 2005.

1. flick

flick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Ive got a slight problem with my new Logitech Z-5500 THX® Certified 5.1 505 Watts Speakers.

The speakers are fantastic, and Ive had no problem with connection to my dvd player, or consoles via Digital coaxial, or optical. Very happy with the performance.

However I am having a connection problem with my Soundblaster Audigy 2. Currently I can connect the pc to the speakers via the 6 channel direct (3 stereo-mini connectors) set up. However this is an analogue system. My audigy card has a digital output jack which is referred to as a 6-channel, or ac-3 SPDIF output for connection to extenal digital devises.

My question is this....can i convert the pc output tack (same size as the 35mm audio jack) to slot into the digital coaxil input on my speakers.

thanks in advance

2. Spiderkid

Spiderkid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    Hi Flick, not sure if this will answer your question, but I had an old Soundblaster PC card (not Audigy) and wanted to convert the analogue output to a digital coaxil to connect it to my reciever.

I rang Creative Labs and for £15 they sent me an analogue to digital converter which enabled me to connect up my coaxil between the card and the reciever. Might be worth giving them a bell to see if this would solve your problem too.

Cheers

Tom

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    maplin sell a mono 3.5mm to rca/phono for pennies.

use the digital output from sound card and tell the sound card software you are using digital output.