Digital Compact Camera Recommendation Approx. £100

taposh

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

My parents have finally given me their Xmas list with 4 shopping days left. They are after a compact digital camera. My budget is about a £100. I last bought a compact 4 years ago, and have moved onto Digital SLR, so I have no idea what the compact market is at the moment.

Now they are both late 60's, so their criteria is very different to mine:

Doesnt have to be particularly small
A clear, sharp largish LCD would be useful
They aren;t brilliant with computers, so easy download of pics on PC would be useful
They'll probably be printing off standard 6x4 prints, and unlikely to do a lot of blowing up, so I reckon 4Mpixels is sufficient, 5-6 is more than enough.
They would literally want to switch it on and shoot, so no need for any gimmicky features.

Any ideas ??
Cheers.

ok as your limited, to buying from the shop's now how about these 2,the panasonic DMCLS2B £75 from argos, or the canon powershot a420 bundle which include's a small printer for £100 also from argos, both great little camera's for the price, particularly the canon with the printer included. HTH :smashin:

ok as your limited, to buying from the shop's now how about these 2,the panasonic DMCLS2B £75 from argos, or the canon powershot a420 bundle which include's a small printer for £100 also from argos, both great little camera's for the price, particularly the canon with the printer included. HTH :smashin:

Thanks for that. Will check it out. Not sure about the Canon but only because they have just bought a colour laser printer (wihtout my help which nearly made me faint !!), so if its not much cop, it alomost isnt worth it for the package.

there also selling the canon on it's own for £75, the panasonic has image stabiliser on it, which is great for the price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom