1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Comb Filter

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Frankmo, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Frankmo

Frankmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My SONY KV32FQ75 has an option to turn off the Digital Comb Filter, in the service menu.

Can anyone tell me what the DCF does and what will happen if I set the option to off?

Also, there is a setting for Notch Filter which is defaulted to OFF. I have re-set it to on, but can't see any effect on the picture.

:cool:

2. Cliff

Cliff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,959
    You may have noticed on older TVs without a DC Filter you always got colour interference when over patterns. eg if a newsreader had a check shirt then you would see lots of spurious colour.

The DCF clears this up by cleverly seperating the colour and luminance signals.
    The interference is caused because the colour signal is transmitted with the b/w signal. So if the newsreaders check shirt strikes a cord at 4.43 MHz - with a dash of phase shift you will see a smattering of colour!

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Not required with RGB sources - you can see when you change between analogue and digital versions of same channel

4. Frankmo

Frankmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. I watch RGB mostly which expalins why I didn't notice anything.