1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital camcoders

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by ray, Dec 13, 2002.

1. ray

ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently started to use a digital camcorder, I have an analouge 8mm recorder. But would now like to use a similar set up for digital use. Is there one on the market. Would appreciate any help.

2. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try Sony's range of Digital 8 C/C's. There are 4 models available in the current range (due for replacement sometime in the new year) the cheapest being the ccdtrv140. you can buy this model for around £350-400. With this range of C/C's you can record footage in digital on Hi8 tapes (record time is reduced by 1/3 on the tape) but you can playback your old 8mm analogue tapes & transfer the analogue footage onto your PC for editing via the ilink connection! I bought the ccdtrv240 for £451- fron unbeatable.co.uk, which has the ilink input as well as the output, which is not that common on other makes of digital C/C's at this price.