1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Cable Woes-PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by reno55, Jun 16, 2002.

1. reno55

reno55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wondering if anyone can help me here. I have an Aiwa receiver and when I use the coaxial digital out on my Adelphia box there is a delay in sound from hearing the voices to their lips syncing with whats on the screen. ( The sound seems to be arriving first). Could it be since I am going through a Tivo?

My second question is if I use the analog outs on the box the digital channels are MUCH MUCH lower in volume then the rest. Is there a way to boost this?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't know what an Adelphia box is but perhaps you are trying to listen to digital sound with an analogue picture as that will cause a sync problem.

3. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Is Adelphia not an American cable company? If I'm thinking of the right people, have you tried calling them to see if they know what's wrong?

Try bypassing the TiVo and see what difference that makes... at least that would answer one of your questions.

If you are using TiVo, wouldn't you connect that to the amp for sound, and not the cable box anyway, unless there is a reason such as broadcast digital sound formats over cable?

4. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,111
    Yes, it is the Tivo. The Tivo buffers everything coming in and then sends it out - to allow rewind, pause and replay.
    To bypass the TV use the AUX button on the Tivo remote to give you a direct pass through.