1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

digital cable tuner available in dvd recorders?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by HieliX, Oct 1, 2005.

1. HieliX

HieliX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am at the moment connected via cable and i was wondering if there are any (or if there will be any) dvd recorders with a digital cable tuner integrated because i don't really want to convert to teresstial. :lease:
    Thanks

2. HieliX

HieliX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump!

Anyone please. lol im assuming that there isnt any cable info yet. :smashin:

3. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Presumably you have a cable set top box to feed your TV - that's the only way at present. I wouldn't think it will change as cable is a subscription service. If you want to watch and record different channels, you'll need a second STB. I expect your cable company will supply a second STB fairly cheap.
    A Pioneer 530/630 with Guide Plus will control a compatible cable box for timed recordings from a downloaded EPG - see http://www.europe.guideplus.com/

Or hang on for the (imminent?) cable PVR (just HDD if it's like satellite and DTT PVRs).

4. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    P.S. the 530/630 download the GuidePlus EPG from terrestrial Ch3 (ITV) and SKY Eurosport so you have to have access to one of these for it to work.