digital cable tuner available in dvd recorders?

H

HieliX

I am at the moment connected via cable and i was wondering if there are any (or if there will be any) dvd recorders with a digital cable tuner integrated because i don't really want to convert to teresstial. :lease:
Thanks

H

HieliX

Bump!

Anyone please. lol im assuming that there isnt any cable info yet. :smashin:

eddyad

Novice Member
HieliX said:
I am at the moment connected via cable and i was wondering if there are any (or if there will be any) dvd recorders with a digital cable tuner integrated because i don't really want to convert to teresstial. :lease:
Thanks
Presumably you have a cable set top box to feed your TV - that's the only way at present. I wouldn't think it will change as cable is a subscription service. If you want to watch and record different channels, you'll need a second STB. I expect your cable company will supply a second STB fairly cheap.
A Pioneer 530/630 with Guide Plus will control a compatible cable box for timed recordings from a downloaded EPG - see http://www.europe.guideplus.com/

Or hang on for the (imminent?) cable PVR (just HDD if it's like satellite and DTT PVRs).

eddyad

Novice Member
P.S. the 530/630 download the GuidePlus EPG from terrestrial Ch3 (ITV) and SKY Eurosport so you have to have access to one of these for it to work.

Top Bottom