Digital Cable substitute?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jasbyuk, Jan 26, 2002.

1. jasbyuk

jasbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to connect my DVD player to my amp, but cant make my mind up about which digital cable to use. Ive read that the Ecosse Reference Producer for £20 is brilliant!

If anyone out there could help me out with choosing a decent digital cable to link up my Pioneer DV737 to my Marantz SR5200 id be eternally grateful!

Essentially I dont want to spend any more than £100 on it. Though that still is a little too high for my wage packet.

Please help me!

Thanks everybody!

Best Wishes,

-J

2. jasbyuk

jasbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, I need a decent scart cable too. I again read that the QED Sqart 4110 (the picture only one) was one of the best quality around, but after I go into the hi-fi store and the guy tells me there was a problem with the connector breaking away and staying in the machine, I was put off.

Is this true, or was he just trying to make me buy something more expensive? The sod.

So to recap - Decent digital cable
    Corking scart cable

Thanks,

-J

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    buy the ecosse - you don't need to spend a fortune on digital leads. max i would ever consider would be around £50. i think you can get the chord prodac for that, but to be honest, you prob won't notice much difference.
    nothing wrong with the build quality of the qed sqart, as far as i can make out. doubt very much indeed it would ever come apart.
    hifibitz.co.uk have good prices on the sqart.
    i see u have the 737 now - congrats. great player. had mine since thursday. didn't think there would be much improvement over my yamaha, but there was (is). rgb output is great, but even plain out composite is pretty good. you can tell when u switch over to rgb, though. and the sound seems to be deeper, too.

4. jasbyuk

jasbyuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it is a great player isnt it.

One thing though, I know this might sound daft, but the noise that comes from the player when its spinning the disc seems overly loud, or is it just me? My other crappy CD player (on my mini hifi) makes the noise too, but I guess I just expected the 737 to be a bit quieter considering the money it cost!

Ah well, at least thats the only thing I can find thats wrong with it.

One more thing though, I think I read in the book that the player shouldnt be placed too close to a TV. My players sat almost right next to it, because of the length of cables. It doesnt seem to make a difference. Do you think it was printed in the manual by accident?

Thanks!

-J