1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital blocking/pixel breakup on Pioneer 350

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mr Bigglesworth, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although I am generally very happy with my Pioneer DV350, I have on several occasion got a sort of pixel break up/digital blockiness appearing over a frame or two. Normally if I rewind the disc and play it again it won't happen.

What is this likely to be down to, perhaps a dodgy laser or something - is it worth talking to Pioneer to try and get it repaired/replaced?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i have a 444 pioneer player and have never seen pixelation or break up. Try a few disks if one does this consistently it might the disk, Dirt grease ie finger prints can cause this. If it really bugs you try an d return it for a new one.

3. Mr Bigglesworth

Mr Bigglesworth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't had it happen in a while now, and I've been watching a fair amount of DVD recently, I think I'll put it down to dust or a stray fingerprint as you suggest.

4. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I had a 350 and it did exactly the same thing as yours.

Blocking, like when digital tv loses the signal.

Only a frame or two. Not on every disc or even the same disc when played again and never in the same place, but regular enough for me to notice.

I blamed it on the multiregion conversion but it might be a glitch in the machine.

Anyone else?