• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Digital audio to stereo?

Got my new nad amp yesterday and was gonna put my tv through it today. Checked the tv though and there are no stereo audio out connections!

The tv is the samsung led and all it has it optical out.

Is there any cable or box that I can use between the tv and the amp that anyone knows of please???

scrufftyguy

I guess your best bet is probably buying a dac eg. the DACMagic, alternatively (and cheaper) would be to use the headphones out (if the tv has one), but depending where the socket is wouldn't be as tidy! Unless there is a way you can pass the signal through the PS3? What model tv is it? :)

Hi and don't despair, bid for that it's an excellent dac and is what you would need to resolve your problem Beresford TC-7510 DAC MK6/3 (Latest Model) on eBay (end time 11-Oct-09 20:00:07 BST)
In addition it will make music particularly higher bitrates and lossless sound terrific.
You connect an optical between the tv and the dac and rca cables between the dac and the amp

Thanks - only just got back online and checked (been sorting CDs and shelving etc out today now I have my tunes back!).

Bidding has ended now, but I dont think I really want another big box like that.

What I've done (thanks to a helpful suggestion in Bennett Electrical), is gone direct from SkyHD to the Amp (and same with the PS3) and that works perfectly :clap:

Final problems are now AppleTV and the Wii. AppleTV I'm probably gonna sell now anyway and I'm sure when I can be bothered, I'll run the RCA cables from the Wii to the Amp too.

Thanks for all the help/suggestions guys (and gals?!)

scrufftyguy

Nice one! :thumbsup: Glad you got it all sorted!!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom