1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital audio output problem on Panasonic E95

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by neilht, Dec 20, 2004.

1. neilht

neilht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just purchased a Panasonic E95 DVD recorder and I initially found that I couldn't get any 5.1 sound out of the optical digital audio output (Same problem occurs when outputting PCM). If I connected my Xbox, Pioneer Freeview STB or Denon CD player which all have optical output using the same cable etc. then I got 5.1 sound with no problems.

I subsequently found that if I pulled the optical cable about half to three quarters of the way out, I started to get sound. If I then pushed it in slightly then the sound would start to cut out every few seconds.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Is there a specific type of optical cable that I should use when connecting the E95?

(My setup is a Philips 32PW9617 TV which has an electrical coaxial digital audio input which is then connected to an external optical to coaxial converter box).