Digital audio out sound level on 65PUS8545/12

Thoomy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

on Philips 65PUS8545/12 model I have connected a pair of powered speakers through Digital optical out.
What bothers me is the difference of output sound level (loudness if you like) between app (Youtube) and regular broadcast TV. When I switch between the two sources, sound level on broadcast is extremely low and the speakers have to be put to their max volume in order to hear loud and clear enough. When switching back to application source of media you have to first lower the speaker volume back to 1/3 or less for normal room volume level. Have tried different TV audio settings but couldn't equalize the output sound level between the two sources.

Any idea if it is possible to resolve the audio level difference?

Thanks for help,
Tomi

Greetings,

on Philips 65PUS8545/12 model I have connected a pair of powered speakers through Digital optical out.
What bothers me is the difference of output sound level (loudness if you like) between app (Youtube) and regular broadcast TV. When I switch between the two sources, sound level on broadcast is extremely low and the speakers have to be put to their max volume in order to hear loud and clear enough. When switching back to application source of media you have to first lower the speaker volume back to 1/3 or less for normal room volume level. Have tried different TV audio settings but couldn't equalize the output sound level between the two sources.

Any idea if it is possible to resolve the audio level difference?

Thanks for help,
Tomi
Have a look in sound options, my tv is on saphi so might be different but there might be an option labelled digital out leveling or audio out leveling, if you've got that it'll definitely help.

Under advanced audio settings there is an option of "Digital out levelling" with options "More, medium and less". If "Less" is selected then TV broadcast sound is even quieter so the only option from this menu would be to keep it as it was on "More".

Any other suggestion?

Have also tested with a spare 3,5mm headphone out cable connection to RCA L/R on speakers. Can't get the TV to provide sound on the speakers though, just humming sound.

You need to go into your TV’s Sound settings where there is a separate Headphone volume adjustment and turn it up.
Settings/Sound/Headphone Volume/OK
Press the ^ arrow

First of all if u use bypass in sound output options this feature has no effect.

The multichannel ( without bypass) is like the auto sound format in LG and Samsung tvs. It strips all multichannel sound formats to ac3 for compatibility

Multichannel (bypass) is passthrough for use with external avr receivers or soundbars that can support advanced sound formats like atmos

The volume difference is due to the tv switching between stereo and multichannel sources

If u multichannel ( not bypass) first u set the digital out leveling to medium or more by setting to uncompressed stereo and then switch to multi channel after this. Restart the tv and soundbar

Imo medium is better to use

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom