• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Digital Audio input from SKY HD to SR805

RobbAR

Standard Member
The aduio signal from my SKY HD box to my Onkyo 805 is via Cat5 wiring.

When viewing a film with DD output the amp is not switching to a digtal signal - can anyone help?

Uridium

Distinguished Member
The aduio signal from my SKY HD box to my Onkyo 805 is via Cat5 wiring.

When viewing a film with DD output the amp is not switching to a digtal signal - can anyone help?

May be different on the 805 but i know on my 606 i couldn't get a DD signal until i pressed the digital input button on the front of the 606. Has worked ever since.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
That sounds right, it will be on the factory reset source (HDMI) until you select the other digital source that has been set up.

RobbAR

Standard Member
Ok, It seems to works, thanks. Changed the input for the SKY audio source to Digital. Now, when switching to a film displaying DD output, the display changes to Dolby Digital and the surround system works.

On normal SKY the output revets to 'THX Cinima' for some programmes and 'Stereo' for others. I assume this is correct.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom