1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital 8 editing

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by megasaurusmax, Jun 12, 2002.

1. megasaurusmax

megasaurusmax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I recently bought a Sony DCR-TRV130E and I want to be able to edit the digital 8 tapes on my PC. Unfortunatley I am unsure what accessories and software are required to do this. Could you please give advice on what products I should buy.

Thanks,

megasaurusmax:devil:

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it all comes down to cost and what connections are on your camcorder. You also need to think about what media you will be targeting as youtr playback media. i.e. are you wanting to print onto VHS tapes or back onto Digital 8 tapes. If the latter your camcorder must be nEUtered - making the DV-In enabled, disabled by default in the UK.

I've got a full digital PC100E camcorder and it connects to my pc using firewire. I use Adobe Premier editing software utilising a Matrox RT2000 editing card (which has the firewire connections on it).

This is an expensive option circ. £1k. I also have 3x30Gb disks and a 60Gb disk, again a few hundred pounds. I use 1 for capture, 1 for edit, and 1 for final print. Again probably OTT for your requirements.