Digisender X2 with Sky+?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by DaveOwl, Sep 22, 2007.

1. DaveOwl

DaveOwl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We currently have a mini dish and Sky box in our house having had Sky for 5 years previous but have since cancelled the contract. Sky did not pick up these and we have been using it as effectively a Freeview box.

I wish to put Sky+ in an upstairs bedroom (no aerial socket or phone socket exist upstairs) but do not wish to use cabling to do this. Is it possible to use the Digisender to connect my Sky+ box upstairs directly to the input from the dish downstairs where the original installation is?

I cannot find enough information about the product to suggest if the A/V received is simply output from another TV to another wirelessly or if I can link it to the existing Sky cabling only (not connected to another TV) and transmit the incoming signal to the Sky+ box upstairs? I would like to control the box through the Sky remote as normal and not have to use the Digisender remote.

Hopefully that isn't too confusing but if it is I apologise (I am a little confused by the subject). The installation is due to take place tomorrow and so if I need the Digisender I would like to buy it tonight. Quick answers appreciated!

2. FRANTIC FRANC

FRANTIC FRANC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    A TV sender only sends RF output. You'll need to move the dish feeds to the room in which you intend to place the sky digibox.

You can put the Sky box in the attic and then feed all the other TV's through your existing aerial cabling too. But the use of Sky TV-links working depends on the quality of that wiring.

Cheers, Franc