• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

digihome verse humax

kenthecat

Standard Member
having recently replaced my old crt tv with a new flat screen tv i decided to replace my cheap and cheerful Digihome twin tuner freeview box which works perfectly with my new tv with a new humax 9150t unfortunatly it would not at first load all the freeview channels after numerous attempts the channels loaded but with a terrible picture it kept breaking up on screen info said this was due to a poor signal I removed the humax put back the digihome perfect
do the new type of freeview recorders require a better signal have twice contacted humax by phone promised info was not received any advice would be appreciated

nvingo

Distinguished Member
...a new humax 9150t unfortunatly it would not at first load all the freeview channels after numerous attempts the channels loaded but with a terrible picture it kept breaking up on screen info said this was due to a poor signal....do the new type of freeview recorders require a better signal...
The Humax PVR9150 is not a new type of Freeview recorder simply an evolution of the PVR9200, and I would be surprised if the tuners in the PVR9150 were less sensitive than those in the PVR9200 which are pretty good.

In your circumstance the problem is possibly that the PVR9150s tuners are too sensitive, meaning it has found and stored channels from more distant transmitters.

The fix is to identify your local transmitter and the UHF numbers it uses for the digital transmissions, and use these in the Manual Tuning menu of the PVR.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom