DIGIHOME SMART TV 50EP658

theeflash1

Novice Member
Smart TV :

For the life of me this tv has to be the worst TV in the world.
Why : Running of something called Opera World operating system. I cannot sideload apks and or install apps from my smart phone can anyone please tell me if they can help with this?.. The only way to watch whatever you want is to use the Tvs Wireless Display via your mobile phone. Nearly all of the apps installed on this TV are foreign and No apps you can Cast Laptop /Phone too.

Last edited by a moderator:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
APK is an Android executable format, by that definition your phone isn't smart because you can't sideload Windows exe or Mac OS dmg files.

If you wanted something that was running the same operating system as your phone then you should have specifically looked for a television running the Android, Android TV or Google TV operating systems.

Smart TV platforms are global, so you'll find most of them have more foreign apps than local ones. The essence of any smart device is that it can install third party apps so ultimately it's down to the app developers whether they support a platform or not.

Vewd/Opera is fairly widely used on budget TVs, so you should ask the developers of the apps you're using why they've chosen not to develop a version for it.

mikej

Digihome TVs only seem to be sold by Hughes, yet your model number comes up as a TCL. Could be a rebadged TCL, I guess ? Either way, you have to set your expectations accordingly when buying a budget TV but, FWIW, I'm not aware of any TVs from any major manufacturer that allow apps to be sideloaded.

If you want to improve the 'smart' experience on your current TV, then getting hold of a streaming device like an Amazon Fire TV Stick, Roku or Google Chromecast (etc) is a good option - these are all usually discounted on Black Friday weekend (if there's no rush) and will give you access to all (or most) of the popular apps, plus many allow casting to these apps from a phone.

theeflash1

Novice Member
APK is an Android executable format, by that definition your phone isn't smart because you can't sideload Windows exe or Mac OS dmg files.

If you wanted something that was running the same operating system as your phone then you should have specifically looked for a television running the Android, Android TV or Google TV operating systems.

Smart TV platforms are global, so you'll find most of them have more foreign apps than local ones. The essence of any smart device is that it can install third party apps so ultimately it's down to the app developers whether they support a platform or not.

Vewd/Opera is fairly widely used on budget TVs, so you should ask the developers of the apps you're using why they've chosen not to develop a version for it.
Thanks my friend for help..Basically i now use my android phone to connect via wireless to tv

theeflash1

Novice Member

I also in Tv settings noticed Mircast but cannot find now....

stblob

DIGIHOME SMART TV 50EP658​

Never even heard of this brand!
Where was this purchased from?

mikej

DIGIHOME SMART TV 50EP658​

Never even heard of this brand!
Where was this purchased from?
Digihome TVs are mainly sold by Hughes, by the looks of it. I would have guessed they were made by Vestel, but that model number suggests it could be a TCL in disguise !

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom