Digihome PVR80\160 - s video

bishbosh12

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've looked at the various threads regarding the Digihome pvr and have seen the post regarding the Evesham pvr160. The Evesham PVR160 manual suggests there is s-video on the VCR scart socket and some peeps seem to think the boxes (Digihome PVR160 and Evesham) are the same.

So can someone with a Digihome PVR80\160 confirm whether it has s-video on one of the scart sockets? I'm most interested in the Digihome PVR80.

Cheers,
Tony

Hello,
I've had the PVR 80 since Saturday. You can select RGB-CVBS-Svideo on the scart socket. I have not used Svideo so cannot comment on how good it is.
First impressions is thst this box is very good for the money. Hopefully I won't have to eat those words!!;)

cheers for the reply.

As you're happy with it I assume the picture quality is good? I've read elsewhere that it is.

Regards,
tony

I managed to get hold of a few graded PVR80s, so I can help out with a few comments if you don't mind me butting in...;)

Firstly, RGB picture quality is excellent - one of the best freeview pictures I've seen. Also, the 7 day EPG is also excellent, I prefer the layout (similar format to Sky Guide) to any of the other budget boxes, including my own Fusion. :smashin:

The only downsides to these boxes are no editing facilities, and no twin record - although this can be added with a DIY firmware upgrade. The twin-record firmware has a side-effect that it does slow down the EPG however... Another minor issue is that the timeshift buffer is only activated by pressing pause, it doesn't run continuously - unless you pause for a few seconds then restart.

Apart from these snags, they are an excellent basic freeview recorder. I've seen negative comments about the looks, but personally I think they look fine.

HTH:thumbsup:

Cheers sparky for the comments, gives me confidence in buying one. Sounds just right for us i.e. a good picture, but as it's basic (like our TV watching habits) the price is kept low.

Tony

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom