Digihome DTR80 freeview recorder - missing channels

El Selb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there. Problem - my Digihome DTR80 freeview recorder picks up all the TV channels when plugged to the aerial in my living room, but not when plugged in to the aerial in my bedroom - it only picks up Sky News, Pick TV and a few other rubbish ones basically. No BBC channels.

Does this point to a dodgy aerial in my bedroom, and there's basically nothing I can do? The aerial's all sealed and I live in a bottom floor maisonette so don't think I can get access to the aerial.

Maybe I can somehow run it wirelessly from the living room aerial terminal??

HDoes this point to a dodgy aerial in my bedroom

Yes.
As a first step have you tried a replacement flylead between the wallplate and DTR?
As to it being sealed you can remove the faceplate from the wall outlet and check the connection behind...the inner core and braid of the coax are securely connected and that no stray whisker of the braid is touching the inner.
As to the other end of the lead, where does it come from?...are you able to check that or is this a communal aerial in your building...if it is contact your landlord if the property is rented.

Maybe I can somehow run it wirelessly from the living room aerial terminal??

You can't, it's not possible to run an aerial "wirelessly".

Last edited:
As a first step have you tried a replacement flylead between the wallplate and DTR?
No, but the wire works with the box ok in our lounge

As to it being sealed you can remove the faceplate from the wall outlet and check the connection behind...the inner core and braid of the coax are securely connected and that no stray whisker of the braid is touching the inner.

Just tried doing what that and wasn't what I expected, all looks pretty modern (my rooms in a new extension) - unscrewed it off the wall but the aerial socket is in a smaller block screwed in to the main wall plate by another 4 small screws. Haven't unscrewed them yet but looks so new and tight I'm not sure the problem's going to be in there

I bought one of these the other day but still doesn't really improve things, still no beeb:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/orc/returns/actions/select

Maybe i need to try another/better router?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What did you buy, that link is to returns support centre?

A router has nothing to do with TV reception.

You bedroom aerial socket is not fed from the lounge via a socket labelled return by any chance?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom