Digihome DG250DTRA08 - Extra channels??

Matthew1964

Standard Member
Reaction score
My until now excellent Digihome box has started saving duplicate chanels (about 20 in total so far predominantly main channels such as BBC, ITV, CH4 etc.) which show in the guide as channels numbered in the 800+ sequence. The issue I have is when I set a programme to record, the boc seems to usually record from these duplicate channel (ie: ITV) which is not such a good signal and therefore the recording is very poor and I end up deleting it as un-watchable. Please advise how I can stop this or delete the duplicate channels. I saw from an earlier thread it may have something to do with the two tuners getting signals from different transmitters?? If so, how can I stop this. Thanks.

Your box may have the ability to delete these extra channels. If not, find the UHF channel numbers of your best transmitter. The box may display these or you can enter your postcode and tick the "installation trade" box on the postcode checker at digitaluk.co.uk.

Once you have found these, delete all the saved channels or do a factory reset. Your box may allow you to tune to each UHF channel individually, this is the easiest way. If not, there is a trick of only attaching the aerial during the period the wanted tranwsmitter is being received. The UHF channels start at 21 and go onto 60 (may be 69 in pre-DSO areas). If your best transmitter is at the low end of this range, disconnect the aerial lead so it does not receive the higher frequencies. Reverse this if your transmitter is at the upper end of the sequence.

Thanks for the advice. I followed your instructions and am advised Sandy Heath is my best transmitter with the following results...
BBC A 27
D3&4 24
BBC B 21+
Mux A/SDN 51
ARQ A 52
AQQ B 48

How should I proceed and will this affect the twin tuner data?
M

Thanks for the advice. I followed your instructions and am advised Sandy Heath is my best transmitter with the following results...
BBC A 27
D3&4 24
BBC B 21+
Mux A/SDN 51
ARQ A 52
AQQ B 48

How should I proceed and will this affect the twin tuner data?
M

BBC B is the HD mux so no need to worry about that. I do not know that particular box but if you can do a manual tune to each of those other UHF channels after a factory reset, that would be best.

If you can only autotune, disconnect the aerial after the firs quarter of its progress bar (if it has one) and replace it for the last third.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom