digihome 43287dfp can't install apps??

dungavin

Novice Member
Hello I'm trying to install Amazon Prime Video on a digihome 43287dfp 'smart' TV but I can't for the life of me seem to do it?

Is this even possible to do?

How can I tell if it is an Android TV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
If it's using Android, Android TV or Google TV then it should explicitly say so in the description as most TVs don't.

Generally all apps available to that particular version of that TV's OS will be listed in its app shop. If there's no amazon video app there then Amazon either never developed one for that OS in the first place if they've stopped supporting it on that version and pulled it from the shop.

Fred Smith

Not Android.

Get an Amazon Fire TV stick, they are on offer at the moment from £21.99 upwards.

Chicago2LA

Novice Member
Hello I'm trying to install Amazon Prime Video on a digihome 43287dfp 'smart' TV but I can't for the life of me seem to do it?

Is this even possible to do?

How can I tell if it is an Android TV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I respectfully disagree with part of what Fred Smith advised you. There's nothing wrong with using an Amazon TV stick. They work well. But there's no guarantee that it will contain apps besides Amazon Prime that you may want to watch. Roku contains Amazon Prime, but it also may not contain other apps that you want to watch content from. I suggest that before you select either Amazon or Roku sticks, list the other streaming services/apps that you'd like to use. Your list may dictate your choice of stick to buy.

Fred Smith

|How can I tell if it is an Android TV?
Not Android.
Although Roku was one of the first steaming devices over here (this is a UK website) they were never well supported and probably why there is a poor app store over here!

An Amazon Fire stick will probably be a good first choice for the OP first step into streaming devices as it is Android based and hence large selection of apps, Amazon and non Amazon, though not all non Amazon will run.

But with the current round of discounts and low prices he / she, could get both from £42 for the pair (£20 Roku, £22 Fire TV Lite) less than I paid for my first Roku a 2XS. And both will run Amazon Prime Video.

I have Apple TV box, several Fire TV devices and several Roku devices, because not all devices support all the apps I wish to use.

Last edited:

mikej

Android isn't mentioned in the TV's specs and features, but it does have Freeview Play so has access to all the standard Freeview catch-up apps (iPlayer etc). There's no mention of any other streaming apps though (eg. Prime, Netflix) or even an app store, so it's possible the TV doesn't have one.

If you have a good look through the TVs interface/home-screen/menus and can't find an app store then, unfortunately, you're out of luck and will need to buy an external streaming device.

If you're an Amazon Prime subscriber then a Fire TV Stick would be a good option and, as mentioned above, they are currently on sale if you're quick ! Your TV has a 1080p resolution so I would go for the newer (2021) version @ £25 which includes a dedicated Prime button and TV controls (for power and volume), although there's no guarantee the latter will be compatible with a lesser-known manufacturer like Digihome.

A Fire TV Stick will give you access to most of the major streaming services like Prime, Netflix, Disney+ and Apple TV+ but make sure you check the availability of any other specific apps you'd require.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom