digigood ebay shop

danjama

Established Member
Reaction score
Just spreading some love for this shop, for anyone suspicious that they're an American company shipping from Brighton.

Just received a 'refurbished' Canon t3i and kit lens. Delivery was one day after despatch notification, two days total. The contents are in immaculate condition. If I didn't know any better, I would say that everything I have here is brand new. And of course, the price was ridiculously good. Bought for £471.99 delivery included. Saved £130+ off of any store price, and a good chunk compared to other ebay sellers.

I can happily recommend digigood. :thumbsup:

Cannot wait for this battery to finish charging! :suicide:

Aren't they all grey imports? And what about warranties?

I don't know about grey imports, but it is the T3i, which is the US version. It doesn't bother me if it's imported. It comes with a 90 day guarantee, but that's fine, i'll be using it a lot in those 90 days so if something is wrong it will more than likely show up. I'll also be looking around for some decent accidental damage cover, again this doesn't bother me. I'd prefer extensive cover anyway.

I don't know about grey imports, but it is the T3i, which is the US version. It doesn't bother me if it's imported. It comes with a 90 day guarantee, but that's fine, i'll be using it a lot in those 90 days so if something is wrong it will more than likely show up. I'll also be looking around for some decent accidental damage cover, again this doesn't bother me. I'd prefer extensive cover anyway.

I think I would prefer a manufacturers 12 month warranty rather than 90 days from a business that could dissapear at any time, but if you're happy with that then fair enough :thumbsup:

Digigood is a very good retailer thats been around a while now.

Lots of retailers have fairly good reputations based on the fact they ship out promptly...so all is well if you have no issues with your item and for the most part nothing does go wrong (hence the good feedback). The acid test is the attitude of the seller once you discover a problem, particularly with photography, as views of what's acceptable can be open to interpretation. E.g focus issues, a 'soft' lens, excessive purple fringing etc.

In my experience a shop like the London Camera Exchange can be a far better bet and is worth a little extra support compared to your internet grey import company. It's horses for courses and I seem to recall having a run-in with an internet company over a chromatic aberation fault. Olympus told me the lens was below par (I sent them full size RAW files to examine) but the company I bought from did not agree:eek: Fortunately I was covered by the 7 day distance selling rule. Nonetheless things got ugly and the company owner became quite the arrogant b'std over the phone.

Just my 2p. I am biased to LCE as I've had nothing but excellence from the guys in my local Lincoln store. Mmmm haven't been in for ages...must remember to spend thousands with them soon...I can always waste the rest on food for the family:facepalm:

Lots of retailers have fairly good reputations based on the fact they ship out promptly...so all is well if you have no issues with your item and for the most part nothing does go wrong (hence the good feedback). The acid test is the attitude of the seller once you discover a problem, particularly with photography, as views of what's acceptable can be open to interpretation. E.g focus issues, a 'soft' lens, excessive purple fringing etc.

In my experience a shop like the London Camera Exchange can be a far better bet and is worth a little extra support compared to your internet grey import company. It's horses for courses and I seem to recall having a run-in with an internet company over a chromatic aberation fault. Olympus told me the lens was below par (I sent them full size RAW files to examine) but the company I bought from did not agree:eek: Fortunately I was covered by the 7 day distance selling rule. Nonetheless things got ugly and the company owner became quite the arrogant b'std over the phone.

Just my 2p. I am biased to LCE as I've had nothing but excellence from the guys in my local Lincoln store. Mmmm haven't been in for ages...must remember to spend thousands with them soon...I can always waste the rest on food for the family:facepalm:

That's a very good point. I shall update this thread in the future, if anything does happen (fingers crossed).

Took the camera out into the world today, absolutely loving it.

That's a very good point. I shall update this thread in the future, if anything does happen (fingers crossed).

Took the camera out into the world today, absolutely loving it.

...using Manual Focus I guess ? :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom