Digifusion FVRT200

Peterm69 said:
That's really weird, are you sure you haven't got your favourite channels selected? If so turn it back to full channel selection and look again.

Nope no channel 704 on my guide channels or even when i was setting up my favourites ,Im starting to think it this box thats knackered or more than likely i am :suicide:

cammyuk said:
Nope no channel 704 on my guide channels or even when i was setting up my favourites ,Im starting to think it this box thats knackered or more than likely i am :suicide:
Hmmm, very odd. I would recommend doing full a hard-drive reset (from the tech menu), switching off at the mains, and then back-on after 20mins and re-init. Then leave it in STANDBY overnight (EPG updates are at 3am I think)..

Failing that, try re-tuning one of the tuners to a different freq.

-awhb

awhb said:
Hmmm, very odd. I would recommend doing full a hard-drive reset (from the tech menu), switching off at the mains, and then back-on after 20mins and re-init. Then leave it in STANDBY overnight (EPG updates are at 3am I think)..

Failing that, try re-tuning one of the tuners to a different freq.

-awhb

Thanks i will give that a go and post back tomorrow letting you know how i get on :smashin:

Without this channel 704 it can not deliver the 14 day EPG which it downloads between 0300 and 0500 with the machine left in standby overnight. At 69% signal you should have this channel. Do another setup scan for channels.

cammyuk said:

Are you getting The Hits, UKTVBrightIdeas, TMF etc. (reason I ask is they are transmitted on the same Multiplex)

B.W. said:
Are you getting The Hits, UKTVBrightIdeas, TMF etc. (reason I ask is they are transmitted on the same Multiplex)
Thanks for all the replies folks , i have borrowed an amplifier and my signal has increased for 69% to 75%
when i do the rescan all i get is 5 frequencies and 69 channels none of which are
The Hits, UKTVBrightIdeas, TMF and still no channel 704 .
Hope this give you and idea of my problem might be.

cammyuk said:
Thanks for all the replies folks , i have borrowed an amplifier and my signal has increased for 69% to 75%
when i do the rescan all i get is 5 frequencies and 69 channels none of which are
The Hits, UKTVBrightIdeas, TMF and still no channel 704 .
Hope this give you and idea of my problem might be.

Do you know which transmitter you are receiving from?

It might be that you need a new aerial (wideband). A little more info and I am sure between us we can get to the root of you problems.

B.W. said:
Do you know which transmitter you are receiving from?

It might be that you need a new aerial (wideband). A little more info and I am sure between us we can get to the root of you problems.
Its the Black Hill transmitter and im starting to think you are right it may be my ariel that needs upgraded , all i need is to find a good installation firm from the glasgow area .

Cheers for all the helps guys :smashin:

Looks like it is an aerial upgrade for you then.

Analogue uses a group B Aerial, but for DTT you need a Wideband.

See here

Can you not check with some neighbours if they are receiving these channels on MUX "D". I use a wideband aerial downstairs with two signal amplifiers and my signal strength is around 63%.
Upstairs I rely on an ordinary 18 element band C/D aerial which brings in most freeview channels at around 61%. You state your sig strength is 69% which should bring in Mux D. Anything below 60% tends to give block breakup (many errors) or "no signal" shown on the Digifusion 150 screen. What does your Freeview post code say regarding freeview channels? - any limitations? Pity that you don't have a spare freeview STB to eliminate the PVR as the cause.

Note that Mux D from Black Hill is using Channel 65 on 20kW.
http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_cscot.html

Ch.65 is near the end of the spectrum so its probably your worst channel anyway. Mine is Channel 68 which is by far the worst one in this area. I note that they also recommend a Wideband aerial for reception. Check around your area to see if anyone else is using a wideband aerial (usually looks like a line of X's), and ask them, if possible, if any problems with freeview channels.

ROYOLD said:
Can you not check with some neighbours if they are receiving these channels on MUX "D". I use a wideband aerial downstairs with two signal amplifiers and my signal strength is around 63%.
Upstairs I rely on an ordinary 18 element band C/D aerial which brings in most freeview channels at around 61%. You state your sig strength is 69% which should bring in Mux D. Anything below 60% tends to give block breakup (many errors) or "no signal" shown on the Digifusion 150 screen. What does your Freeview post code say regarding freeview channels? - any limitations? Pity that you don't have a spare freeview STB to eliminate the PVR as the cause.

I vaguely recall seeing something on Digital Spy about problems receiving Mux D signals in Glasgow. I can't remember the details, sorry. If it a general and long established problem it does suggest it is transmission frequency related.

Colin

ROYOLD said:
creddish - Thanks for that posting. It would appear from a thread on the Digital Spy forums that MUX D is unavailable in the Glasgow area so people cannot get downloads from 4TV interactive channel 704. The forum thread in part is listed here :

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=123718&page=4

Glad my first post on this Forum is of some use :)

The link you gave is an extract from the DS Thomson thread back in May this year. The comment I remember was in the last few days (my memory does not go back to may in any detail :) ) so it does seem as though this has been the situation for some time. I follow several DS threads so will be post back here if I get any more info.

Colin

ROYOLD said:
creddish - Thanks for that posting. It would appear from a thread on the Digital Spy forums that MUX D is unavailable in the Glasgow area so people cannot get downloads from 4TV interactive channel 704. The forum thread in part is listed here :

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=123718&page=4

Just my luck :rolleyes: Anyone got any ideas on what i could do as i have got used to having a pvr now but would really like the 14day programme guide .

ROYOLD said:
Pity that you don't have a spare freeview STB to eliminate the PVR as the cause.

i have a sagaem freeview box one of the older ones and get exactly the same channels from this and i do my fusion 200 .
One question does this mean i cant get the full use of any pvr because of the Mux problem in the glasgow area or do other makes of Pvr use different methods to update

Yes this is so - You cannot apparently receive any of the channels on Mux D - and that is quite a few channels of entertainment and radio. Complain to your MP, Council etcetera.
Not much else you can do at present. There are still some areas close to me which rely on vertical polarisation relay stations which are not digital enabled and they cannot get any freeview channels.

cammyuk said:
i have a sagaem freeview box one of the older ones and get exactly the same channels from this and i do my fusion 200 .
One question does this mean i cant get the full use of any pvr because of the Mux problem in the glasgow area or do other makes of Pvr use different methods to update

Your alternative is to use a PVR which uses the so called standard Freeview EPG. I believe the proper name for this is the DTT DVB-T EPG. This later EPG is used by Sagem, Humax, Panasonic Pace and Topfield PVR's. The EPG data is transmitted as part of the broadcast signal for the individual channels (I think this is a correct description). The main differences are that it only covers 7 days (as opposed to the 14 day 4TV EPG used by the Fusions, Thomson and Inverto PVR's) but it downloads in real time rather than during the night. Personally I prefer the Freeview EPG because potentially it can be updated in real time (if the broadcasters send updated programme information) and I believe it's future is more certain than the 4TV product. I also prefer not to have to leave the PVR on standby overnight and I also suspect that failed downloads during the night causes some of the crashes experienced by the 4TV PVR's. Others prefer the 4TV product.

You may like to consider the new Humax PVR-9200 currently being discussed on this and other forums.

The following is a good comparison site:-

http://www.emsee.co.uk/pvr/

Colin

Colin

Whatever PVR you decide on you still will not be able to receive the channels broadcast on Mux D until Crown Castle do something about their aerial. Maybe you could use one of the alternative transmitters. Local knowledge on this should be available from aerial installers in your area. The Gov't has vowed to phase out analogue broadcasts within the next few years so something will have to be done regarding all the people who still cannot receive freeview digital b'casts.

Personally I prefer the Digifusion PVR (I also have the Topfield 5800t BTW which as stated above uses the Freeview 7 Day EPG.)

Possibly you could use the Digifusion Calendar to set timer recordings manually. This TV Guide gives plenty of information on programmes. I use it myself quite often to find out more info than the EPG gives.

http://www.bleb.org/tv/?all

I should perhaps also state that I only leave my Digifusion on standby overnight ONCE weekly to update the EPG. The Digifusion has been in use for around 7 months now and has never failed in a set recording, nor has it ever crashed. I wish I could say the same for the Topfield.

Well im going stick with my Digifusion 200 even without the 14 epg for now And see if upgrading my aeriel to a Digital High gains aeriel will make any difference ,As a few people i have spoken to who live less than a mile away me all seem to get the Mux D channels .

and thanks again to everyone for your help and advice :smashin: and i hope i can return the favour at some point .

Hi, this is my first post, although I've been reading the comments from members for some time. To cut to the chase I've bought a Digifusion 200 from Tribal at £166.33 inc delivery (in under 48hrs!).
Very pleased with the unit although I can confirm slight buzzing as always mentioned in these forums and a far from perfect menu.
However all in all I would recommend it.

cheers :thumbsup:

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced their Digifusion product (in my case an FVRT200) deleting all the programmes they have recorded?

If so, what you done (apart from take it back to the shop)? I have had a reply from the tech support saying it's a software upgrade, in which case it's pretty poor - even the microsoft service packs don't wipe your hard disk.

Any advice, suggestions or comments welcome.

Cheers

Daubs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom