1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digifusion FVRT200 - Sound wrong way around?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Shady Deal, Sep 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    Have one of the above PVR's for about a month and overall it is great!! Does have a noisy fan but I can live with that.

I have noticed however that the sound seems to be coming out the wrong speakers, i.e Left is Right and vica versa.

It is only connected to the TV via RGB scart and the TV out is connected to my amp.

I read on the internet that previous models had the sound backwards using phono sockets but not scart.

Anyone else notice this, took me a while.......

Thanks
    Mark

2. awhb

awhb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark, no, can't say that I have. Have you tried contacting DigiFusion's support and asking them about it?

-awhb

3. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    -change the wires around ! sorry never heard of this before-

but
    Why is the TV connected to the amp, if you have a amp connect all your equipment straight to the amp. I dont see why people let the TV play with the sound first then go to the amp. Plug your freeview, DVD etc straight into the amp after all thats what your be watching get away from this idea of using the TV for sound most are not very good at it and the direct source is so much better.

4. etaf

etaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    how do you know from the broadcast?
    I have my amp connected to the fvrt200 phono outputs - but have not played close attention to the broadcast to see what should be coming out of left channel?

5. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the replies, I have thought that occasionally that the sound was reversed, for example a door shuting on the right of the screen has caused the sound to be coming from the left hand speaker etc....

I'm really not too worried and will speak to fusion in the next week, my main concern is that if I was to burn a recording to DVD that would have the sound reversed also as I would be using scart.

I am watching/listening for it now, so I guess if it really is backwards I will have to take the scart lead apart and change the speaker wires over.

Regards
    Mark

6. etaf

etaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I'm a bit worried about occasionally
    so a door on left sounds on right
    so it could be broadcast, FVRT200 internals, Scart out on FVRT, Scart lead, Scartin on TV, internal TV, TVout, TVout cable, Amplifier, amplifier inputs, speaker connections.

you may want to carry out a process of elimination to try an isolate the issue.

i would start at the TV out and make sure the cable - amp - speakers is OK first.
    If they are phono leads then just by touching the pin you can get a hum through that channel.
    i have never tried on scart but maybe touching the signal leads will hum through to - keep the volume low

7. happynow

happynow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi, I read your post with interest. This happened to me a couple of years ago now. I can receive signals from both Wenvoe and Mendips. HTV Wenvoe were sending out the Stereo the wrong way round. I contacted them and they replied, admitting it was wrong due to a hardware problem. It was rectified by the time they had replied. See my post here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43591&highlight=happynow

8. Ramases

Ramases
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I seem to have the same problem. My unit is connected by RCA to my Yamaha amp, and watching "Trial & Retribution" on ITV1 tonight I noticed that when they went into split-screen mode, the sound was coming from the opposite channel to the one it should be from i.e. the one where the action was coming from. I swapped the leads and all was well but this is just the sort of thing to annoy me! I'll be keeping and eye (or rather ear) on this for the next couple of days in case it was just a one-off, but I am wondering if this is an example of the problem reported by "newsposts"?

9. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Ramases and welcome to the forum.

Mine is still the same, the only way around it is too switch the leads around to my amp. I rang Fusion and they said they had never heard of it, which is a bit strange as it affected either the 100 or the 150 models.

I don't mind it too much but I think I may have to have a special scart made up as the unit is connected to a DVD recorder and of course the recorded material will have the sound reversed. Does anyone know what pins/leads that I should change. Even better does anyone know where I could get a scart lead already wired the wrong way round?

The funny thing it was a while before I noticed it but now of course I am aware of it, it has become very annoying.

10. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
  11. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that. Yes I was always aware the other models were affected. I shall ring them again I think.

Regards

12. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Scart Diagram

13. Ramases

Ramases
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I emailed them last night. I'll let you know what they say.

14. Ramases

Ramases
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I got fed up with waiting for an email reply so I called them yesterday. They are aware of the problem and it will be fixed by an over-the-air firmware update "soon".