DigiFusion FVRT150 Aerial Alignment

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by willberry, Jun 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. willberry

willberry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I recently (today) moved from a pace twin to a digifusion and I am having major reception problems - I had very few with the twin, but after fouling up another recording I decided enough was enough.

Going in to aerial alignment on the digifusion (I am in a block of flats with communal aerial and cannot actually touch it) I see there are two tuners. Tuner 2 says 41 Durris and is about 75% strength with few to none errors. Tuner 1 says 30 with about 67% strength but errors maxed out with a message at the bottom saying that the signal is too corrupt.

If I change the number to 34 for tuner 1, it again says Durris and is pretty much equivalent to the ratings for tuner 2. The problem is that I cannot seem to get it to stick. Every time I go back it is set to 30 again.

So, is there a way to either make the settings in aerial alignment stick, or to control which tuner I am using?

At the moment I have got a box which can for a change record reliably, but the signal it is recording is breaking up every few seconds :mad:

2. Rob Sheep

Rob Sheep
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should speak to the manager of the building. Sky will fit a multi-use system for free if there are enough subscribers to it, then you can have Sky+. However, read your lease as it sometimes mentions the provision of TV aerials and it would come under the building maintainance, so you could try for a better aerial to be fitted, if it works poor for your digital signal it will look poor for everyone else.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for but it might help? :cool:

God its hot in here!

3. willberry

willberry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Although I live in a block of flats with a communal aerial and am not able to put up any external antenna (including sky dishes), it is not a rented flat - perhaps I should have taken more notice of the deeds when I bought it, though at the time it was wired for Atlantic cable (Aberdeen), but they went out of business 3 years ago and the cable is now not used.

Has anyone else compared the sensitivity of the pace twin and digifusion? I am puzzled that I had no problems before with my twin in terms of reception (recording was a different matter).

Failing all this does anyone know if you can get the deeds changed (to enable sky). It is a bit frustrating when all of the flats on the other side of the road have sky or external aerials (mine is in the loft of the top flat), but none on mine.

4. willberry

willberry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Forget the tuner alignment thing, I have sussed that the numbers represent the mux or something, they change depending on the channel you are viewing anyway.

I am still interested in peoples opinions though, is the tuner on the digifusion FVRT150 considered relatively good or bad?

The problems are not across all channels, it seems to be mainly the BBC 1 / 2 mux, strange though since this was probably the best performing on my twin only yesterday. Maybe it is the weather, but it is so extreme that BBC1 is now totally unwatchable on freeview.